- In comparison, the previous record for largest single battle titan losses was a tie between O2O and Uemon, with 12 total titans destroyed in each of those battles.
- So about the fight from PL perspective; for the last few years we've been using the money we get from renting/tech/contracts into building a capital armada of dreads and carriers for a huge capital slugfest with the intentions of losing a full capital fleet and replacing it as the fight goes down. Just like with subcaps, the ability to reship in a capital fight is hugely important. The b-r fight, though, wasn't meant to be the site of a huge capital brawl. A week earlier in HED-GP we were prepared to lose everything, reship, and go back at it. Luckily those cynos and caches were still prepped and in place for the b-r fight so we were able to reship for the biggest capital/supercapital fight Eve has ever seen. From that end, the capital loss we incurred has been totally replaced as fast as people can accept contracts.
- What we did lose, however, was a huge amount of active Titans. Titans have very few uses from a combat perspective except when it comes to capital fights. In these cap fights Titans are king and essential; as we saw in HED-GP they are very daunting and tend to win fights by intimidation. Jumping into 50 Titans means you risk losing huge assets every DD cycle.
- The cost to replace these suckers in the amount that we lost is certainly not trivial - a few trillion isk - though certainly replaceable. In the short term will limit our ability to create these capital fights (which I'm sure everyone is thankful for) and it changes how we approach fights.
- Perhaps five years ago a loss of this scale would send an alliance into a tailspin, though the cold truth is that the top tier of alliances in Eve these days can incur a multi-trillion isk loss and keep on chugging. A week ago CFC/Rus lost 350 dreads and fielded the same exact fleet on Monday. The ISK lost from the b-r fight is a much greater scale, of course, but the ISK is still there for everyone. The lost momentum in the Soutnern conflict due to the B-R fight is a far greater loss than the isk assets. Because try as you might, you cannot buy swagger.
a guest Jan 28th, 2014 7,000 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data