Add DNS entry for Facebook in Mac OS X
sounden Oct 11th, 2012 1,466 Never
- # Issues with reaching www.Facebook.com? (by @sounden)
- # As it seems the Anonymous is haxoring the DNS again.
- # This could be fixed by adding this IP manually to your computer, for now.
- # start the Terminal App in Mac OS X and copy/paste the line below
- $ sudo sh -c "echo '126.96.36.199 www.facebook.com' >> /etc/hosts"
- # the /etc/hosts file is a protected file so the command line will ask for you password
- # NOTE! This is just a quick-fix and this line will be removed later on everything is back to normal
- # This will reverse the process as described above, i.e. remove the last line.
- # NOTE! (only run it once!)
- # ONE LINE BELOW
- $ sudo cp /etc/hosts /tmp/hosts.bak; sudo /usr/bin/sed '$d' /etc/hosts > /tmp/hosts.new; sudo cp /tmp/hosts.new /etc/hosts
- # if you want to check the content of the current hosts file type
- $ cat /etc/hosts
- # if you want to check the original file
- $ cat /etc/hosts.bak
- # Problems? mention me on Twitter @sounden
RAW Paste Data