TimeMachine Diff script
applehelpwriter May 11th, 2016 106 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # This script compares the most recent backup to the previous one
- # indicating what was changed, added or removed
- # If you want to know what TM is about to backup, in the Terminal run
- # tmutil compare
- set backupList to paragraphs of (do shell script "tmutil listbackups")
- if (count of backupList) < 2 then
- display dialog "Sorry, couldn't find anything to compare. Try again after the next backup"
- set path1 to quoted form of item -2 of backupList
- set path2 to quoted form of item -1 of backupList
- do shell script "tmutil compare " & path1 & " " & path2 & " | open -f"
- end if
RAW Paste Data