- 1. List four ways to start Task Manager.
- 2. If a program is not responding, how can you stop it?
- 3. If a program is using too much of system resources and bogging down other applications,
- what can you do to fix the problem?
- 4. How can you get a list of users currently logged onto the computer?
- 5. What is the program filename and extension of the System Configuration utility?
- 6. What tool in Windows Vista, used to temporarily disable a startup program, is not avail-
- able in Windows XP?
- 7. If a nonessential service is slowing down startup, how can you permanently disable it?
- 8. What should be the startup type of a service that should not load at startup but might be
- used later after startup? What tool can you use to set the startup type of a service?
- 9. List three snap-ins that can be found in both the Windows Vista and Windows XP
- Computer Management windows that are used to manage hardware and track problems
- with hardware.
- 10. What is the file extension of a console that is managed by Microsoft Management Console?
- 11. What are the program filename and extensions of the Microsoft Management Console?
- 12. Which log in Event Viewer would you use to find out about attempted logins to a computer?
- 13. Which log in Event Viewer would you use if you suspect a problem with the hard drive?
- 14. What is the program filename and extension of the Reliability and Performance Monitor?
- 15. What is the path to the Ntuser.dat file in Windows Vista?
- 16. How is the Ntuser.dat file used?
- 17. Which registry key contains information that Device Manager uses to display information
- about hardware?
- 18. What tool in Windows XP do you use to back up the system state?
- 19. What is the Vista tool that can give you a quick report of the overall performance of the
- 20. To improve Windows performance, you decide to disable the indexer used for Windows
- search. Will Windows search still work?
a guest May 8th, 2012 434 Never
RAW Paste Data