- As of 6:40 CST here in U.S., these are the Australian articles on Trapwire that have been simply removed by their respective outlets with no explanation. Note that there are rumors to the effect that they are down to inaccurately stating that Cubic Corporation owns Abraxas Apps - rumors that are false, as show here (http://privatepaste.com/6810d9914a) and as could have been verified for nearly a year on Project PM's Echelon2.org wiki entry for Cubic Corporation (http://wiki.echelon2.org/wiki/Cubic_Corporation) which itself links to the pertinent tax documents. Incidentally, Cubic and Abraxas have long been our focus due to their known involvement in persona management software as provided to CENTCOM by the wholly owned subsidiary Ntrepid. Here, the, are the articles that are down - not corrected, but entirely removed:
- http://m.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/revealed-trapwire-spy-cams-ticket-to-au stralia-20120813-2448z.html
- God forbid that this unprecedented incident receive at least a cursory examination from those journalists who are paid to do what many of us in the activist community have long done for free.
- As to the potential reason for such articles going down in Australia, and not elsewhere, this non-scrubbed article may hold a clue:
- As may this:
- This, too, is quite understandably down:
- And to those who are claiming that Trapwire does not actually entail anything like facial recognition, please take a few minutes to read what ex-CIA agent and Abraxas head Richard Helms said about the intent of the software seven years ago: that it would “collect information about people and vehicles that is more accurate than facial recognition," among other things. This was noted at http://publicintelligence.net/unravelling-trapwire/ where anyone could read it, not just those of us who bothered to do so.
- In conclusion, fuck the media, and fuck the dozens of state-linked firms that the media hasn't bothered to do a single fucking bit of research on despite this problem having quite demonstrably gotten out of hand years ago.
- Barrett Brown
- Project PM
Australian Trapwire Articles Removed
a guest Aug 14th, 2012 4,998 Never
RAW Paste Data