- For the last 16 hours Pastebin.com has been under attack by a botnet. Someone is using this botnet to send millions of requests to our servers in an attempt to flood the network to the point where it becomes inaccessible. A botnet is a collection of compromised computers connected to the Internet (each compromised computer is known as a 'bot').
- So far we have been able to block about 20,000 IP's, but this number is growing by the minute. These IP's are most likely from innocent people who have no clue that their computer is being used for this purpose. It is highly recommended that you always have up-to-date antivirus software installed, and a good Firewall active.
- Later today we will publish the list of IP's from today's 'botnet attack' on another server so you are able to check if your own computer has been compromised.
- If your IP is in this list, you will not be able to access Pastebin at this time. With the current IPv4 system there are a total number of 4,294,967,296 IP's. The chance that your IP is blocked is rather small.
- We sincerely apologize for the times that we were unable to block the attacks, and we will continue to fight these attacks as well as we can to make sure Pastebin is available 24/7.
- The Pastebin Crew
About the recent attacks...
a guest Feb 22nd, 2012 6,607 Never
RAW Paste Data