- Proof for anyone who still thinks the G2 has a "restore" mechanism, and a middle finger to T-Mobile for lying and actually going along with this story. It's really the same thing as the "NAND lock" on other recent phones, with a bug. It sucks, but it's nothing crazy like many websites would have you believe.
- Right now, I'm (temp) rooted.
- # cd /system
- # ls
- # mkdir lol
- # cd lol
- # echo "HI!" > sup.txt
- # cat sup.txt
- OK, we have a file on /system/lol/sup.txt. Now lets flush Linux's caches.
- # echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
- # ls
- ash: ls: not found
- OH NOES, Busybox is gone! There's no built in ls command, but we can do this:
- # echo *
- Nada. It's all gone. The controller is buggy, and is lying to Linux about actually writing the data (it's actually write protected the same way every other one of HTC's recent phones have been, which have all been cracked).
a guest Oct 9th, 2010 2,610 Never
RAW Paste Data