- #OpUganda Press release
- "Uganda's controversial "kill the gays" bill is on track to be passed by the end of the year. The bill would make homosexuality a crime punishable by death, and has drawn outrage from gay rights groups and governments around the world. But now, religious leaders in Uganda are pressuring Speaker Rebecca Kadaga to pass the bill as "an early Christmas present" to the people.
- Uganda is one of the most anti-gay countries in the world, and their government seemingly encourages this sentiment. A petition forwarded to the heads of state read in part that: “We cannot sit back while such destructive phenomenon is taking place in our nation. We therefore, as responsible citizens, feel duty-bound to bring this matter to your attention as the leader of Parliament … so that lawmakers can do something to quickly address the deteriorating situation in our nation.”
- The bill would make homosexuality in certain people, like authority figures and parents, a crime punishable by death. Gay couples in consenting relationships would be subject to life imprisonment. Certain nations have promised to pull funding for Uganda if they pass the bill, which would instantly make Uganda one of the most anti-gay governments in the world."
- HOMOSEXUALITY IS A FREEDOM. It is a choice every man or woman has. It is NOT something to be governed. It is NOT a sin.
- It is freedom.
- We are Anonymous.
- We do not forgive.
- We do not forget.
- It is too late to Expect us, Ugandan government.
a guest Jan 2nd, 2013 111 Never
RAW Paste Data