- ____ ______ _ ____ __ __
- / __ \ | ____| | | / __ \ / _|/ _|
- | | | |_ __ | |__ _ __ __ _ ___| | _| | | | |_| |_
- | | | | '_ \| __| '__/ _` |/ __| |/ / | | | _| _|
- | |__| | |_) | | | | | (_| | (__| <| |__| | | | |
- \____/| .__/|_| |_| \__,_|\___|_|\_\\____/|_| |_|
- | |
- Greetings to our courageous Mi'maq friends who have stood valiantly against the forces of frack.
- To the forces of fracking in New Brunswick and beyond, you didn't expect us, did you?
- On Friday, Anonymous put out an #OpFrackOff press release denouncing and seeking to identify the RCMP officer responsible for saying "crown land belongs to the government not to fucking natives." This comment was first reported on Thursday at 12:27 pm Atlantic time by APTN camerman Ossie Michelin. It has been confirmed to Anonymous by two sources. One source provided a picture of the officers from which the comment came. The picture's time stamp is at 12:29 pm Atlantic.
- An independent anonymous source was able to give a more complete description of the officer. The second source's description nicely fit the man on the far right of the picture: black hat and glasses. That source also passed us a second, later picture that they believe to be the same officer.
- It appears to Anonymous as if none of the camo and black clad paramilitary officers were wearing any identifying information.
- This is unacceptable.
- The attire of the officer in question suggests that he is with one of the RCMP's Emergency Response Teams. In New Brunswick, this would be the J-Team. Why is Canada attacking it's First Nations population with a self-described paramilitary force? To protect the right of a Texas oil company's fracking ambitions? And what do Wendy's french fries have to do with fracking?
- Wait, Wendy's French fries?
- Cavendish Farms is the top French fry supplier for Wendy's in North America.
- Who the frack is Cavendish?
- Cavendish Farms is owned by the Irving family, the oil and gas and media magnates that control nearly everything in New Brunswick. Halifax Media Co-op has already reported that SWN, the Texas oil company that owns most of the fracking rights in New Brunswick, is working hand in glove with the Irving's in Elsipogtog.
- Independent journalists with #OpSWN are working to lay out all the relationships between SWN Resource Canada, the company wanting to frack on traditional, never ceded Mi'maq territory, and a variety of other resource extraction companies in Canada, including Irving Oil.
- These relationships include media, money, and political connections. Anonymous continues to demand that the officer who racially slurred our Mi'maq friends be identified and disciplined.
- And that the RCMP apologize for it's racist violence.
- It is almost unbelievable that an officer could spell out so clearly the problem that has been at the heart of the relationship between Canada and its First Nations from the very beginning. This is the colonial attitude and it's violent tendencies in a perfect nutshell.
- If anyone has video or audio recording of this event, please release it to the public as soon as possible.
- Anonymous also requests that the public help the independent journalists mapping information via Pearltree regarding the collusion that exists in the Canadian Atlantic between media, politicians, and oil and gas companies. Follow #OpSWN on twitter for details.
- Help us demand that the courage of Elsipogtog in standing up to a paramilitary force not be wasted.
- Premier Alward has dismissed calls for a referendum on fracking, saying that one isn't needed.
- Anonymous disagrees.
- The people demand a direct say over whether or not their water is poisoned. Anonymous calls for a referendum on fracking exploration to determine the will of the people. Until that time, Mr. Alward, put your paramilitary thugs back on desk duty.
- We are Anonymous.
- The Corrupt Fear Us.
- The Honest Support Us.
- The Heroic Join Us.
#OpFrackOff in #Elsipogtog
a guest Oct 22nd, 2013 890 Never
RAW Paste Data