- From: Chad Juarez [mailto:email@example.com]
- Sent: 19 February 2013 19:20
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: How I enjoyed your books as a child
- Hello Sir,
- You are a complete and total ass. I read your books when I was younger and enjoyed them. I first discovered them at a public library when my mother took me. If I had not been exposed to public library's when I was younger I would not have been able to read your books. My irritation and contempt for you and your pigheaded attitude is immeasurable. Fuck your books, Fuck your opinions and most of all FUCK YOU!. I have removed all books by you from my household and alerted all of my friends to never purchase or attend anything with your disgusting name attached to it.
- -Have a nice fucking day.
- -Chad Juarez.
- On Feb 19, 2013, at 12:17 PM, "Twisted Tales" <email@example.com> wrote:
- I am not sure exactly what you have read of my views – the media distorts and edits mercilessly while the US press has been positively mischievous in re-editing statements to mean something different – when in fact the problems of the British library system are nothing to do with them! America land of the free and freedom of speech? No America of the McCarthy witch hunts and the attempts to censor JK Rowling because she offended a few Christian Fundamentalists. America, land of the obese, because they are so weighed down by their egos.
- Maybe you could have a look at a supportive article such as :-
- Fortunately you are in a minority and the support in Britain is much more intelligent.
- “Although, I am a wanna-be librarian. I think there seems to be a sense of entitled to materials that are free. And you're right why should artistic people have to give up making money over their art. We except for businesses. I do agree with you, libraries ought to rethink and redesign themselves. It's been over 150 years. Can't believe all the excitement you've started.”
- Dear Mr Deary, Thank you for volunteering to be the scapegoat with regards to the " should we get rid of all libraries " debate. For some time now, all we tend to hear from authors is how important libraries are; how they have influenced their lives, their writing. How important Public libraries are for providing free access for those with low or no income, or who want to better themselves. How important School libraries are to children, to their discovery and enjoyment of reading, for experimenting with new authors without cost at point of access. All this chatter is ignored by the media as it is appears to be self serving. It takes an established author, someone like yourself, and who has nothing to lose to stir up the hornets nest to gain media attention, and initiate a lively debate. I thank you for that. Sarah Masters. MCILIP
- I have just read what you say about libraries. Well done! It is about time some serious rational debate took place. I am the product of the library system. As a scruffy kid I delighted in not only the children's library at the Harris museum in Preston but also the art gallery and museum exhibits. It was a wonderful entrance to a different world. Those days are over now in this digital when classic books are available for free online and new books available much more cheaply than in Victorian times. I repeat. A rational calm debate is long overdue. Regards. Gordon
- and finally an author who articulates the REAL meaning of my words far better than I can …
- Now please do not let me delay you any further. I am sure your halo needs polishing.
- Terry Deary
- PS can you send me the name of your lawyer? Your obscenities WILL be reported to the police for action. Hopefully your computer will be confiscated and you will serve a short term in prison to cool off.
- From: Chad Juarez [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Sent: 19 February 2013 21:56
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: How I enjoyed your books as a child
- Dear Sir,
- Why thank you so much for replying to me with such haste. While I'm very happy that you know how to copy and paste articles that are freely available on the Internet, there is no need to repost them here as I have the wonderful ability to read. Furthermore your hilarious and witty baseless threats made my day. First of all I never not once threatened you with any type of harm. Second my email was my opinion of you and your work. And finally the fact that your upset is hilarious and I will forward this email to Techdirt do others can see your ridiculousness as I have.
- Thank You For Your Time .
- Sent from my iPhone 4s
- What you are doing is called cyber-bullying. You hide behind the facility of the internet to say things that you would never dare to say to my face. You are a spineless coward. As you are incapable of distinguishing between the words “your” (belonging to you) and you’re (you are) then you are clearly semi-literate and therefore not really qualified to comment on literary matters are you little man? Publish that with your friends.
- My crime? I dare to have a different opinion to you! Because of course you are always right aren’t you? How wonderful it must be to be perfect. Get a life little man. Get a life.
TD vs Troll
a guest Feb 19th, 2013 71 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data