a guest Nov 16th, 2012 267 Never
- TITLE Outlook 2007/2010 settings importer
- :: This script adds an .xml file to the Outlook autodiscovery directory so that when a user creates an account they do not have to enter server settings.
- :: This script has to be run on startup so it has system privledges, or it won't work.
- :: First, we need to copy the .xml file to the appropriate directory.
- robocopy "\\server\path\to\xml" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OutlookAutoDiscover"
- :: Second, we need to tell Outlook where this file is located.
- REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover" /v <YOURDOMAIN.LOCAL> /t REG_SZ /d "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\OUTLOO~1\<XMLFILE>.XML" /f
- :: Now, when a user opens Outlook for the first time and enters their details, no futher configuration should be required.
RAW Paste Data