- So +John Stavropoulos finally finished his exhaustive, months-long, unbelievably Lawful Good research into whether 80 RPG freelancersand commenters (many of them his friends) actually are taking what they say about rape online seriously.
- Months ago, Ben Lehman (author of tedious RPG products) claimed James Desborough (author of different tedious RPG) was "Someone who threatens their critics with rape"
- Now I hope I don't get an argument when I say this isn't something you just casually toss out there .
- Even if it was an honest mistake--you really really check first before saying someone did something that shitty in a public place.
- Like: this is an ethical standard you hold yourself to
- The short of Jon's research is this accusation turned out to bullshit even though 79 people +1ed it and it got shared all over the RPG internet.
- Now Jon didn't name names, because he "doesn't want a witchhunt". Which is respectable. But I'm not Jon and I do think the RPG community as a whole deserves an apology from every single ons of these people for confusing and distorting a very real and very serious issue of real violence that actually affects peoples' lives.
- I also think the RPG community deserves to know who they cannot trust in conversations about ethics. Anyone on the list below who hasn't apologized has the opportunity to do that now. Or at the very least Un-Plus One Ben Lehman's totally irresponsible bullshit.
- The 79 people (including RPG freelancers) who signed on to Ben's totally unsubstantiated accusation, via +1's were
- [list of names redacted]
- If any of these people have a problem being named, they can feel free to remove their +1 on Ben's post.
Roland_Jones Aug 4th, 2014 343 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data