- Bandai Namco's logo's in the holo-ads, lol. And ads for games from them too.
- It's too late now, but The name of the tournament, "Bullet of Bullets" has a meaning like "the bullet that surpass all other bullets".
- It's in the same form as idioms like "The King of Kings" or "The Car of Cars".
- But the true reference is a game for the NES released by Namco, "King of Kings", lol. That's why it's missing the "the" at the start.
- Now that I took a look into it, it was apparently sold back in 1988! 26 years ago…!
- I wanted to make Death Gun's character name《Death Gun》and such, but I could imagine him getting a pile of spam messages from that,
- so I made his real name in the system different and tried hiding it as much as I could.
- Of course, his real name will be exposed during the BoB tournament, but there's no problem since the tournament's the climax.
- And it's not like those outside the tournament field could send messages in.
- Dyne, active (?) in episode 2, appears again! He actually broke through the prelims three times in a row, so he's quite a fighter.
- Sinon only participated in Dyne's squadron to gather intel for the incoming tournament.
- "Yamikaze… I'm betting everything on you…" The young man sure has style with his serious soliloquy!
- With the previous champion, XeXeeD, absent, Yamikaze must be the most popular one this time.
- Everyone's totally thinking Kiriko's a female player… And Dyne vanishes with a "ugh" upon spotting Sinon, lol.
- It will certainly be bad if word of him disconnecting to flee from that minigun got out in a place like this!
- Kirito going all the way, lol. Matsuoka's seriously blazing on with his Kiriko voice…!
- In contrast to ALO where NPC waitresses bring drinks over, GGO has them swish out from the table the moment the menu's pressed.
- I… guess I would prefer ALO's…!
- If it's circular with a diameter of 10 kilometers, it's as large as the Floating Castle Aincrad's first floor. It must be huge, then…!
- As Japan's biggest survival game field's about 100x300m, 10km seems too huge even if their range is based on real guns; but it is VR, so.
- With a sniper rifle's effective range at 1500m, it won't be much of a fight without being that big. By the way, the East Fuji Maneuver Area
- where the SDF conducted the《Fuji Firepower Review》today has around the same area as a circle with a diameter of 10km.
- Seeing Kirito panicking as he tries to stop Sinon from leaving sure reminds me of how Kikuoka tried to pull back Kirito in episode 1, lol.
- It's the cat ears emcee again! She's not from Zaskar, GGO's administration, but works for a Japan's 'net broadcast station,《MMO Stream》.
- Hence, at around this time, Asuna, Klein, and the rest are watching the broadcast from ALO too.
- The third Bullet of Bullets tournament begins! And everyone immediately starts shooting!
- The one firing on with that Vickers heavy machine gun is《Lion King Richie》. His solid playstyle gave him the cool nickname,《CampeRichie》…
- What Sinon deployed is the《Satellite Scan》usable once every 15 minutes.
- It was a map shown on a smartphone terminal in the books, but they gave it a 3D hologram in the anime! It's so cool!
- The "check your six" Sinon mentioned is Air Force slang for "being careful in the 6 o'clock direction (straight behind)".
- Though she did get back attacked herself right after saying it…
- The sidearm Sinon drew while turning around is a Glock 18C equipped with a long magazine.
- It's a handgun, but it seems capable of 30 shots at full auto. That's no handgun… it's a submachine gun…!
- The one in the camo suit chasing after Dyne is《Pale Rider》who Kirito suspects of being Death Gun.
- Pale Rider's movements are amazing as he dodges Dyne's fierce attacks…!
- It was great even on the storyboard, but the rush's immense when watching the actual scene. The might of animation's on full display.
- The shotgun Pale Rider has equipped is the《ArmaLite AR-17》, with aluminum alloy used for the parts that look like metal,
- and plastic for what looks like wood there, weighing no more than 2.5kg in total, apparently.
- Could that truly be… a Kiriko fanservice shot…
- The《electric stun bullet》that paralyzed Pale Rider is exclusive to large caliber rifles,
- and each shot costs a fortune too, so hardly any players use them in a tournament. They're typically for hunting large-sized monsters.
- Someone like the true Death Gun is here! The "Silent Assassin" Sinon mentioned is a nickname, its official name is the《L115A3》.
- It's a high power sniper rifle that holds the record for the longest range in the realm of sniping.
- The 8th episode ends as the Death Gun-ish person draws a Death Gun-ish gun! Thank you for following my commentary! See you next week!
kunori - Episode 8 Commentary (SAO II)
Tap Sep 24th, 2014 (edited) 618 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data