- Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 08:22:36 -0300
- From: Werner Almesberger <email@example.com>
- To: "English Qi Hardware mailing list - support, developers, use cases and fun"
- Subject: Re: ben-wpan: commercial description
- Monkey + keyboard =
- > - AVR(r) microcontroller with 32 kB flash memory (currently 24 kB
- > used)
- Perhaps in my worst nightmares :-) That should have been "8 kB used"
- (with 24 kB free for experiments).
- Meanwhile, the firmware has gotten a little fatter, so it's now 9/23 kB.
- There is still at least one vital piece missing, namely interrupt
- notification. Plus, it probably makes sense to add an "intelligent"
- receive mode, where the firmware automatically retrieves an incoming
- packet and sends it along with the interrupt notification. All this
- may drive the size up to ~10 kB.
- That's 4 kB boot loader plus 6 kB application, each with its own USB
- stack. Anyone who doesn't need the existing application has 28 kB to
- play with. If desperate, one could also get rid of the boot loader,
- but that's when things get messy.
- So the item above should say
- - AVR(r) microcontroller with 32 kB flash memory (currently 10 kB
- or maybe
- - AVR(r) microcontroller with 32 kB flash memory (22-28 kB
- available for experiments and future enhancements)
- - Werner
a guest Jun 14th, 2011 49 Never
RAW Paste Data