- From: Senator Schumer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
- Subject: A message from Senator Charles E. Schumer
- To: [recipient]
- Dear Mr. ____:
- Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about S. 968, or the PROTECT IP Act of 2011.
- Over the last several weeks, I heard from many of my constituents who, like you, had severe concerns about the PROTECT IP legislation being considered in the Senate. I take those concerns very seriously, and I agree with you that we need to find a better way to address the very real problem of internet piracy — in a way that doesn’t do anything to damage our dynamic tech community or freedom of expression on the Internet.
- Senator Reid’s decision to pull a vote on PIPA from the Senate calendar was the right one and will allow Congress to work with stakeholders to craft a better solution that protects the American jobs threatened by illegal online piracy, and at the same time encourages the growth of New York’s vibrant and growing technology and Internet communities.
- Thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.
- Charles E. Schumer
- United States Senator
Sen. Schumer's Statement on PIPA
a guest Jan 23rd, 2012 120 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data