- June 15, 2012
- Dear Occupy Portland,
- As a courtesy to Occupy Portland, we wanted to contact you as the busy summer season
- approaches Director Park.
- Director Park is a heavily used site in the summer months and we want to give you notice
- that effective June 15 2012, Occupy Portland will no longer be allowed to hold the General
- Assembly meetings or other Occupy Portland related events in Director Park without a
- Since late November 2011, Occupy Portland has held a variety of unpermitted meetings and
- events in Director Park. During that time, Director Park has fielded several complaints
- regarding the unpermitted use of the park while other groups are required to obtain permits
- for similar park use. Standard permit requirements are triggered depending on use of
- amplification, setting up of various structures (including tables, tents and the like), and
- attendance numbers.
- To obtain a permit, please contact Alicia Hammock, the Arts & Cultural Coordinator for
- Director Park at 503.823.8087 or by email at DirectorPark@PortlandOregon.gov. Regular
- rental rates and regulations will apply. To assist you with the permit process, we have
- attached the Rental & Event Use Manual and the Director Park Rental Application.
- Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Thank you,
- Art Hendricks
- Security Manager
- Portland Parks & Recreation
- Director Park (Administrative Office) PP&R Administration
- 2909 SW 2nd 1120 S.W. 5th Ave., Suite 1302
- Portland, OR 97201 Portland, OR 97204
- Tel: (503) 823-8087 Fax: (503) 823-2358 Tel: (503) 823-7529 Fax: (503) 823-6007
- Sustaining a healthy park and recreation system to make Portland a great place to live, work and play.
- Commissioner: Nick Fish Director: Mike Abbaté
Dear Occupy Portland,
a guest Jun 15th, 2012 1,305 Never
RAW Paste Data