- If you were scammed on Steam through trading system, do the following steps:
- 1. Open scammer's profile. Look at URL of scammer's page (if you don't see it, tick View > Settings > Interface > Display Steam URL address bar when available). If you see that the scammer uses custom URL (like http://steamcommunity.com/id/SiPlus), follow the following steps because the scammer may change the custom URL. If you see that the scammer doesn't (the URL looks like http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989290717), save the page's URL and proceed to step 2.
- 1.1. Press right mouse button > Copy Page URL.
- 1.2. Paste the copied URL to your browser and add ?xml=1 to it.
- 1.3. Find steamID64 tag.
- 1.4. Save this link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/INSERT_STEAMID64_TAG_VALUE_HERE. Replace INSERT_STEAMID64_TAG_VALUE_HERE with steamID64 tag value.
- 2. Report the scammer to Steam support the way shown below.
- 2.1. Go to https://support.steampowered.com/.
- 2.2. Create account here if you don't have one (it is independent from Steam account).
- 2.3. Login here.
- 2.4. Press "GAME" or "STEAM".
- 2.5. Press Contact Support on the right sidebar.
- 2.6. Fill a report. Set category to "Steam Trading/In-Game Items > Stolen/Hijacked Items". Don't forget to include /profiles/ link to the scammer's page as described in step 1.
- 3. Report the scammer on http://www.reddit.com/r/badkarma as described on the right sidebar. Don't forget to include scammer's Reddit name and a link to scammer's Steam profile.
- The scammer's account will most likely be disabled.
Reddit Steam scammer reporting guide
SiPlus Nov 18th, 2011 605 Never
RAW Paste Data