- Subject: Invitation for Chris Perkins to visit Reddit.com and do an AMA/Interview
- To: email@example.com
- If this message could be forwarded to Mr. Perkins, that would be
- amazing. Thanks!
- Chris/Mr. Perkins/Overlord DM,
- My name is [redacted], and I'm a new DM. I am also a member of the online
- community of Reddit.
- If you have never heard of Reddit, it is a pretty simple link- and
- text-sharing community organized into smaller "sub-reddits" for just
- about every interest you can think of. You can post links, images,
- blocks of text, and have people vote on whether or not your submission
- contains good content and comment on it. I frequent a number of
- subreddits related to tabletop gaming, including /r/DnD, /r/rpg,
- /r/worldbuilding, and others. There is thing on Reddit called an
- "AMA", or "Ask Me Anything". It's kind of a like a community-driven
- interview. Someone can post an AMA, and Reddit users can ask
- questions, and that person can respond. It's a great format and allows
- for a number of threads of conversation and lots of info being shared.
- You can spend as short as an hour answering questions, or up to
- days/weeks, if you feel so inclined (the thread stays open, and you
- can always come back an answer more questions), though usually a
- couple of hours is suggested. It's a very open format and usually
- quite informal.
- As an ad-hoc representative of /r/DnD, I would like to invite you to
- do an AMA with us at your leisure. We would love to have you come
- answer some questions (and maybe even ask some of your own). Here are
- a few sample questions that a few people have indicated they would
- like to ask (you can see the full thread here: http://redd.it/1hfc39):
- - "What fuels your imagination and desire to DM/GM? Do you ever get
- tired of it and if so, what do you do?"
- - "Who inspires you most as a DM/GM?"
- - "Will podcasts be more frequent with NEXT? They have been
- intermittent during 4e but I always enjoy them and would love for them
- to become more regular."
- - "What brought you to where you are today, in terms of the world of
- tabletop gaming?"
- If this sounds like something you like to do, feel free to email me
- back and I can give you more info and/or walk you through creating a
- properly set-up AMA thread. And regardless, you are more than welcome
- to make an account on reddit and join the community; fans are always
- happy to see celebrity figures show up in the comments/submissions.
- Thanks for reading, and regardless of whether or not you get back to
- me, keep doing what you're doing. You're a huge inspiration, and I
- hope that one day I can be half the DM you are :D
- [insert signature here]
Email to Chris Perkins
a guest Jul 1st, 2013 34 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data