- Registering your nickname:
- 1) Type /msg nickserv help register
- 2) If no messages show up in your chat, try clicking on the "status" "Synirc" "irc.synirc.com" or similar tab in your client. If nothing shows up, skip to step 4.
- 3) Follow the instructions NickServ gives you.
- 4) If you can find no instructions, type: /msg nickserv register <password> <your-email>
- and replace "<password>" and "<your-email>" with a password and your email address.
- 5) Check your Email Address for a message from SynIRC, and follow the instructions in that email.
- 6) You're done! Now your nickname is registered! Now when you join the IRC you need to type /msg nickserv identify <password>
- This is pretty much like "logging in."
- 1) (RECOMMENDED) Set "Kill" Protection. This is so anyone who tries to use your nickname automatically gets their name changed to "Guest" unless they identify within 30 seconds. To set this, type: /msg nickserv set kill on
- 2) If you use more than one nickname, you probably want to link them all to your main nickname, to do this change your nick to your alternate nickname (/nick <nickhere>) and type /msg nickserv group <mainnick> <password>
- This pretty much makes that nick have the same permissions and such as your primary nickname.
- 3) Set a "vhost." This is completely for fun. Pretty much what it does, is change your default hostmask. For me would be: Rizyq!Rizyq@75-136-222-24.dhcp.kgpt.tn.charter.com "<Nick>!<Ident>@<Hostname>"
- And you can request it be changed to something fun/different/whatever, so long as it gets approved by one of the IRCOps (NOT to be confused with our channel ranks.
- Such as: "Rizyq@THUNDERCATS.HOO" or "Rizyq@Is.Too.Sexy.For.His.Shirt"
- To set this, type: /msg hostserv request <vhost>
- Such as: /msg hotserv request Rizyq@Is.So.Awesome
- If you have any additions, questions, or comments, feel free to contact Rizyq!
a guest Aug 28th, 2011 15,827 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data