utf-8 vim weirdness
a guest Jul 3rd, 2011 52 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # This line doesn't work properly in vim 7.2. It seems cursor/character positioning gets confused.
- my %test = ('utf-8' => [ 'wiki', 'â日本語é', 'çमानक हिन्दीà' ]);
- # 1. The problem is with the devanagari characters. There's only six of them: but 9-ish are displayed
- # 2. Go to end of line
- # 3. Observe that cursor doesn't go completely to end of line. Cursor goes to closing ] only
- # 4. Move cursor left character-at-a-time (arrow or h)
- # 5. Before you've reached the Kanji characters, one of the devanagari characters is replaced with an extraneous ]
RAW Paste Data