- When I was 14 my parents put me on add meds and antidepressants for 2 years, I eventually got sick of taking them
- I ended up in a psyche ward a year later, ended up on meds, stop taking them after a while and two years after that last psyche ward visit, I'm on meds again only because of the damn cycle
- see the thing is
- depression starts as a mental thing, that you can only really solve with a lot of introspective thinking and self-understanding
- often times, people are put on medication for it
- it only makes the problem worse in the long run
- see, it causes serotonin to gather in the brain over time
- works great for a while
- but eventually it hits the ceiling of how much you can handle
- when it hits that, the brain down-regulates the receptors, causing it to go back to a normal state
- this is near permanent, it takes a very long time to return to normal
- eventually the tolerance to the medicine gets higher and you need to take more to feel "normal"
- then the cycle starts where you need to take more and more to feel normal
- until you get to the point where it wont work anymore at all, or it becomes dangerous to take more
- [at that point, you either stop or wean off of it
- when that happens, over time you become more and more depressed until you kill yourself or get sent to a psyche ward
- See, alot of people, when they research these things, they only scratch the surface
- hey start looking for doctors opinions or other "help" websites with information
- its always the same information everywhere
- its because all those people are simply pharmaceutical salesmen
- its their job to get more perscriptions and pill sales
- Its sad because, if people looked up actual experiences with that type of medicine, they'd be horrified
- but the thing is, especially in young teenagers, they don't know how to vocalise what they feel and think
- they dont know how to vocalise how they've changed
- its really drastic and is damaging, it changes you completely
- its got a sort of "wow" effect for the first six months or so, then the cycle starts
- and by then, its far too late
- so please, before you or anyone you know takes them, at least have them read this.
- I am stuck in the cycle, and I cannot stop it, but I wish to warn others so they do not get stuck in the vicious cycle.
- if someone has ideas for me, questions, or want to say thanks, email me at email@example.com
- thank you for reading, I wish you all well.
Anti Depressants warning, Please read, its important
a guest Aug 24th, 2013 254 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data