- 1. Once the Ottoman's took over Istanbul, they controlled the Black Sea, Dardenelles, the Eastern Mediterranean, and the Caspian Sea, and therefore were a threat to Western Europe, as well as a constant figure in European diplomacy. (Points : 1)
- 2. What is one difference between the Ottoman Empire and the Safavid Empire? (Points : 1)
- The Ottoman Empire was based on political organization and the Safavid Empire was based on religious order.
- The Ottoman Empire arose out of the decline of the Mongol Empire and the Safavid Empire arose out of the out of the decline of the Ottoman Empire.
- The Ottoman Empire arose during the 1300s and the Safavid Empire didn't arise until the 1500s.
- The Ottoman Empire controlled Eqypt and most of North Africa and the Safavid Empire controlled most of western Asia.
- 3. A weakness of all of the Muslim Empire, including the Ottomans, the Mughals, and the Safavids, was that they all were focused on land acquisition and did not develop their navies in order to control the seas. (Points : 1)
- 4. Who finally conquered the Ming dynasty? (Points : 1)
- 5. What Japanese samurai won control over most of Japan and united it by a policy of central government and conciliation? (Points : 1)
- 6. Coming by boat, these Mongols attempted to gain control of the Japanese. However, the Mongols were met with waves of Japanese fighters. (Points : 1)
- 7. What Japanese art form meaning "pictures of the floating world" was created using woodblock prints and greatly impacted Western art, particularly impressionists in Europe and America? (Points : 1)
a guest Jan 29th, 2012 951 Never
RAW Paste Data