- LocalLeaks and HackerLeaks Press Release
- July 4, 2011
- First we would like to thank the global media for being so attentive to the launch of our two new disclosure platforms. We would also like to thank the several dozen people who already trusted us with their sensitive leaks. It has been a remarkable week for those of us who staff these two important projects. None of us ever expected in our wildest dreams the enormity of the reaction to these two ideas.
- However we have some sobering news to report. Today, Independence Day in the USA no less - our registrar has suspended our Top Level Domains and shut down both sites. Having failed to explain their reasoning we are left to assume that it was our content they didn't like, and so both HackerLeaks and LocalLeaks have been effectively silenced - censored - and shut down.
- The company responsible is located at www.dot.tk and we encourage all free speech and free information advocates to contact this company and let them know exactly how you feel about censorship. We are seeking legal assistance to help us, and if you're a lawyer and can volunteer your time please contact us at PLF@cyber-rights.net
- We are in process of registering new Top Level Domains for HackerLeaks and LocalLeaks. The sites and the platforms themselves are fine, and anyway we have back-up copies of both sites as well as mirror servers. Both of these important offerings will be back online within 48 hours and this will not stop our project. This censorship has cost nothing other than it has prevented the world from seeing our disclosures and the people from having a safe place to disclose, and that for only a short time. We will return shortly, expect us.
- SIGNED -- LocalLeaks & HackerLeaks Team
LocalLeaks and HackerLeaks Press Release
a guest Jul 4th, 2011 2,695 Never
RAW Paste Data