- @graysky, hehe, seems like makepkg.conf flags don't affect the size image of my kernel image after all. My stupid ego is having problems dealing with this (or at least was having).
- Well, moving on. The '-O2' flag messes up "CONFIG_CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE=y" (-Os) (funnily even resulted in a 96 bytes bigger kernel for me - 300 KiB smaller after removing '-O2') so at least that should be removed as it's default anyway. In addition as told in FS#11864, "-fstack-protector" has been enabled already in the kernel for a long time: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18864. I even tested both of these just to make sure.
- The KC(PP)FLAGS aren't needed in the package() function either since there's no compiling done there anyways. That line only installs the already built modules into the correct place:
- $\O/> make help|grep modules_i
- modules_install - Install all modules to INSTALL_MOD_PATH (default: /)
- Anyway, thanks for telling about these KC(PP)FLAGS. I honestly always thought that makepkg.conf flags would always be used by default.
a guest Aug 24th, 2011 66 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data