- Subject: Bitcoin Securities Offerings (NY-8834)
- From: Moustakis, Philip MOUSTAKISP@sec.gov
- The staff of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission is conducting an investigation in the above-referenced matter.
- We are contacting you directly concerning your possible investment in Bitcoin Savings & Trust. If you have information concerning Bitcoin Savings & Trust, we would be interested in speaking with you. I may be contacted by this email address or at the telephone number below.
- Our principal purpose in requesting information from you is to determine whether there have been violations of the statutes and rules the Commission enforces. However, information provided by members of the public is routinely used by the Commission and other authorities to conduct investigative, enforcement, licensing, and disciplinary proceedings, and to fulfill other statutory responsibilities.
- The federal securities laws authorize the Commission to conduct investigations and to request information from you, but you are not required to respond. There are no direct sanctions and no direct effects upon you for refusing to provide information to us. However, we would appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- This investigation is non-public and should be construed neither as an indication by the Commission or its staff that any violation of law has occurred nor as a reflection upon any person, entity, or security.
- Thank you.
- Philip Moustakis ∙ Senior Attorney ∙ Division of Enforcement ∙ United States Securities & Exchange Commission ∙ 3 World Financial Center, Suite 400, New York, NY 10281-1022 ∙ (212) 336-0542 ∙ firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitcoin Securities Offerings (NY-8834)
a guest Sep 24th, 2012 5,180 Never
RAW Paste Data