Overwatch Install 11-02-17
OdnetninI Feb 11th, 2017 (edited) 532 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Everything over here is work in progress, so It can be very unstable.
- If it's very requested, I'll do some automatic scripts depending on the distribution.
- First of all, we have to install Wine, but that version isn't the one which we are going to install, we will use the version that Andrew Wesie modified.
- Secondly, after the setup of Wine (use your system package manager), you need to install next packages (or similar name using your package manager):
- autoconf ncurses bison perl fontforge flex gcc-multilib giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng gnutls lib32-gnutls libxinerama lib32-libxinerama libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxmu lib32-libxmu libxxf86vm lib32-libxxf86vm libldap lib32-libldap mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite mesa lib32-mesa libgl lib32-libgl opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs samba opencl-headers git
- After this, we have to clone the repository of Andrew Wesie, so execute this:
- git clone https://bitbucket.org/awesie/wine-overwatch.git
- After that, we have to go to:
- cd wine-overwatch
- Now, we have to create 2 new folders:
- mkdir wine64-build
- mkdir wine32-build
- And now, let's compile the 64 bits version, so:
- cd wine64-build
- ../configure --enable-win64
- make -j4
- If we had finished it woithout any kind of error, let's compile the 32 bits version (REQUIRED!):
- cd ../wine32-build
- PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib32/pkgconfig ../configure --with-wine64=../wine64-build
- make -j4
- After all of this, let's use a "special trick", if you want to use a different WinePrefix, do it, but because of I don't usualy use system's Wine, I'll continue forward with the default:
- cd ../wine64-build
- ./wine wineboot --update
- If you already have Overwatch downloaded, just execute:
- ./wine PathOfOverWatch/OverWatch.exe
- If everything is alright, you can also execute it with (in order not to fill your terminal with junk lines):
- WINEDEBUG=-all ./wine RutaDeOverwatch/OverWatch.exe
- Battle.net doesn't works at 100% with the 64bits wine version, so I recommend to download it on Windows, and then you'll be able to update it with your directories of Battle.net 32bits without any problem.
- Remember that in order to execute it you'll have to do it at the 'wine64-build' and always put './wine', or it won't work. Ever.
RAW Paste Data