- EXCLUSIVE by STEVE LEWIS and SAMANTHA MAIDEN
- The Sunday Telegraph
- November 25, 201212:00AM
- JULIA Gillard's ex-lover Bruce Wilson has declared the Prime Minister knew nothing about a 1990s union fraud scandal.
- Speaking out for the first time the former Australian Workers Union boss said Ms Gillard "knew absolutely, categorically nothing" about the affair.
- Mr Wilson - who now works as a cook on the Central Coast - said: "They can go on a witch-hunt for as long as they like and they will find nothing that will do her (Gillard) any harm.
- "It's just a waste of time, they will find nothing."
- Mr Wilson also rounded on the union bagman Ralph Blewitt, attacking his former mate as a "very risky" person for Ms Gillard's critics to rely upon.
- "Relying on Ralph to be your star witness is a very, very risky strategy," Mr Wilson told The Sunday Telegraph.
- "It's not one I would be prepared to take."
- Mr Wilson - referring to those who are pursuing the AWU story - said "there is a group of people who are being funded by God knows who - good luck to them".
- "But they are going to come unstuck - big time."
- The Prime Minister has consistently denied any wrongdoing in the establishment of a union slush fund when she worked as a lawyer in the 1990s.
- As the Coalition warned the issue would dominate parliament during the final sitting week and accused the Prime Minister of "stonewalling", the Treasurer also attacked the credibility of Mr Blewitt.
- Mr Blewitt, a self confessed patron of Balinese brothels and union bagman has admitted he's "no angel".
- And Penelope Lennon, Mr Blewitt's younger sister who said she been estranged from Mr Blewitt for years, said she wouldn't trust his evidence.
- "I haven't changed my mind. He is a crook," she told The Sunday Telegraph yesterday.
- "They should lock him up and throw away the key."
- Mr Blewitt told The Sunday Telegraph: "I have a sister and others tipping the bucket on me right now. It's a private family matter, we haven't seen each other for 35 years."
- Mr Blewitt's Australian ex-wife, who asked not to be named, also confirmed that she had no idea Mr Blewitt had bought a house in Melbourne in the 1990s with union cash despite the fact they were married at the time.
- Previously, Mr Blewitt has conceded he has used the services of prostitutes but rejects suggestions he is a "sex predator" as claimed by the humorous political website Vex News.
a guest Nov 24th, 2012 330 Never
RAW Paste Data