- Dear Cllr Driver,
- Thank you for your e-mail concerning the Thanet Regeneration Board and the minutes of the Board meeting on 21st March 2014.
- The position for clarity sake is that the Board is not a body which is subject to the Council procedures and it is not a formally constituted entity or a part of TDC's formal organisation structure. That said the minute you refer to does not accurately reflect the full and open discussion and conversations with and commitment from the Board about attracting a Chair from the Private Sector.
- I made enquiries into the amount of hits the Boards website receives and it is actually quite low. As a result of this the approach adopted was to receive direct nominations with the support of a role description for the chair. The Panel consisted of 2 members of the Board and myself. All nominations were shortlisted and interviews were then arranged but regrettably this process did not provide a successful candidate.
- In discussion with the Panel given the position we were in I then directly approached Paul Barber and asked him whether he would be interested in talking to us about the role to which he agreed. He then met with myself and one member of the Panel (the other member being unavailable at the time) following which we offered him the role as Chair of TRB on a voluntary basis.
- I trust this helps to clarify matters for you.
- Yours sincerely
- Madeline Homer
Madeline Homer email
a guest Mar 7th, 2015 388 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data