- There Are Cyborgs in the Pyramid – Go Get ‘Em in the New Warface Special Operation: Anubis
- Blow up a sub, neutralize a missile base and destroy a secret cyborg factory in the latest Special Operation to launch on Crytek’s free online shooter
- FRANKFURT, Germany – June 2, 2016 – A futuristic threat is buried within an ancient pyramid in Anubis, the expansive new Special Operation coming today to Crytek’s free-to-play online shooter, Warface.
- Anubis – named after the god of death himself – is an epic three-stage co-op mission set in Eastern Africa, where players must battle hard, smart and as a team. Gamers must work through a network of bases, culminating in an assault on a pyramid, to disrupt Blackwood’s villainous operations.
- The action comes thick and fast from the moment the team is inserted into the landing zone, where enemies are at the gate of a missile facility. After infiltrating the complex and disabling the control room, defended by deadly automatic turrets, players must repel assaults from all sides as they battle through a canyon to reach a heavily fortified dry dock. Then it’s time to blow up a Blackwood submarine. Once this objective is completed, players take the fight to the heart of Anubis’ pyramid, which houses a clandestine cyborg factory. Gamers must disable the facility and then survive waves of relentless attacks as a sandstorm engulfs the battlefield before extraction.
- The new Special Operation’s three diverse stages require players to combine the strengths of the game’s four different classes to take on and eliminate a wide range of enemies. Gamers must adapt their tactics for each stage, from clearing out buildings at close-quarters to holding a defensive line in the face of marauding cyborgs, if they are to complete this action-packed new mission.
- Anubis is the latest co-op Special Operation to launch for Warface. New maps, missions, weapons, items, weapon skins and challenges are regularly added to the game as Warface evolves to serve its ever-growing community.
- Watch the new trailer for Special Operation Anubis now at www.youtube.com/warfacegame, and sign up to play Warface for free at www.warface.com.
- PRESS ONLY
- YouTube Trailer Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmC2pzAe9_c
- Assets related to this press release you can preview and download here. (http://assets.crytek.com/asset-bank/images/assetbox/da19823c-441f-47db-be69-9d9b3385f34a/assetbox.html)
- About Warface
- Warface is a team-based shooter loaded with cooperative and competitive action, stacks of game modes, and a wealth of weapons for players to get their hands on. Gamers can choose to play as Riflemen, Medics, Snipers or Engineers as they work together and attempt to uproot the Blackwood military faction in co-op play or choose their side and lock horns with fellow players in PVP battles. Download the game from warface.com or via Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/291480/) today —completely for free.
- About Crytek
- Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher and technology provider with headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and seven other studios around the world. Established in 1999, Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome and Warface. All of Crytek's games are developed using CRYENGINE, the company's cutting-edge 3D game technology, which is also the first choice of other leading developers and licensees when creating games for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and Android. Crytek's ongoing growth in the games-as-a-service market has extended the company's reach as they continue to deliver top-quality interactive experiences to players through self-publishing platforms online.
- For more information, visit www.crytek.com and www.cryengine.com.
RAW Paste Data