a guest May 19th, 2017 47 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Novella - Decisive Evidence
- We stood up in anticipation. The policeman next to the judge's seat said the famous line "All rise".
- The judge walked in with a stern face. The quite large judge sat down with his black court dress
- which made a faint rustling sound. "This court is now in session" came out of his tired old mouth,
- everyone sat down as the words were uttered. I felt a chilling drop of sweat running down my
- spine. I thought about the possible outcomes of this case, not really a thought that made me feel
- comfortable, but it is inevitable to think about. Life imprisonment, not really an appealing word, nor
- an appealing lifestyle.
- “The plaintiff has been charged with the murder of Susan Krümmel, and David Francisco” came
- out of that stiff face of the soon to retire judge.
- Ms. Amanda noticed the concerned expression on my face. She tried consoling me, but I know
- something that she doesn't. After 15 years of marriage, even though “if” I did it. It doesn't feel good
- to be accused of murdering her. Not allot of people have been in my position, maybe OJ. I let out a
- silent giggle which earned me the attention of the jury. I doubt that made the jury feel inclined to
- hear me out. But I looked embarrassed which I think that they picked up on.
- The district attorney glanced over at me and Amanda with a disgusting smirk on her face. “This is a
- clear-cut case which the jury will realize if the jury doesn't think that this piece of evidence is 100%
- enough for convicting. Then the next one will be the obvious decider”. The DA looked at the
- projector at the left side of the court. There was a picture of an M1911 handgun, and three shells of
- 9mm ammo. “As we can see here we have three recently fired bullets, And an M1911 handgun
- which is registered to our defendant”.
- “She was undressed, a large figure stood beside her. Both with shock in their faces. Three loud,
- sharp, bangs went off”
- The DA sat down and all of the jury’s heads went down and the sound of pencils scratching against
- paper became apparent. Amanda rose and she let out a fast, small but loud exhale before she said
- “Now, this evidence sounds very clear, but, how do we know who fired the weapon? How do we
- know that anybody fired this weapon? We don’t. That’s the major flaw in this piece of evidence.
- This M1911 does belong to Mr. Krümmel, yes, but this is also the most used handgun in the entire
- US. There is nothing connecting this specific firearm to Mr. Krümmel. This is clearly not convicting
- “Blood, so much blood. What was once three loud bangs has disappeared into large pool of blood”
- The DA once again stood up “We can all see that the defense likes to answer evidence with
- questions and very vague answers to them. We at the district attorney’s office believes in the US
- court system, and convicting or not convicting a defendant should not be based on flimsy answers.
- Next piece of evidence”. Again the projector on the left displays pictures. This time of marks,
- scratches, bruises.
- “She laid there, on her knees, facing away from me. I lashed her back with the leather straps
- woven to her favorite whip”.
- I knew instantly about the bruises and I have a vivid memory of how I gave them to her.
- I even had my own scratches on the left and right side of my back. I’m kinky, sure, but should I pay
- prison time for that?
- Ms. Ferreira smiled as she knew that this would come up before the day would end. “Now, yes. Mr.
- Krümmel did inflict this damage on the plaintiff, but that damage was more of a consequence of
- their type of sex, which was consensual”. Amanda could have been more subtle with her wording
- but as I already knew and anyone who knows her, she wasn't keen on censoring when it came to
- that topic. The jury responded with some weird looks and an audible but quiet “What the fuck” from
- one female jury member.
- The DA regained that smug smile. I’ve never been that nervous since the material that I and Ms.
- Amanda thought would come up has already done so. But since she’s glancing over at me again, I
- guessed that something bad was coming. She opened that stern mouth and she let out the words
- “approximately 6 hours before the police found the body in the plaintiff's house. The MPD received
- a distress phone call from a woman. She let out small pockets of air through her mouth in a frantic
- manner, crying some would describe it as. She was found dead 6 hours later she said YOUR
- name”. The DA played a sound clip of her, silently crying “I'm sorry August”. Amanda stood up and
- screamed “OBJECTION HIS HONOR, this is clearly not good enough to convict anybody. We can
- see that this is pure speculation as it’s not nearly clear enough audio to use this as the standalone
- evidence against the defendant”.
- The judge said that it will be used as evidence in the persecution. He followed that up with “the
- evidence that the D.A office wanted to include in the persecution has been presented. We will now
- give the jury 5 hours to make their decision on if the defendant is guilty or not.
- Hour after hour, I sat there, waiting. Amanda never said a word as she sat beside me. I got a small
- smile in my direction as she hoped the best for me. The policeman opened the side entrance and
- the jury came in. The DA looked at me with a disgusted expression. The judge said with a loud
- voice “Has the jury made their decision?”. The head juror nodded as she stood up. My head felt so
- heavy as I waited for their response. “We find the defendant to be innocent of all charges”. She sat
- down and I screamed in joy. The DA looked shocked and out of breath. Amanda was jumping and
- she yelled “WE WON” in the otherwise quiet court. The judge looked distraught as he said: “this
- court is now adjourned”.
- Amanda showed me that she’s quick on her feet earlier that day. She doesn't look like one of those
- tall, confident, generally male lawyers that you can see on TV, but she for damn sure knows how to
- handle a court admirably and with certainty. She’s a good lawyer. She, just like the DA, believes in
- the US court system. Is that warranted? In my case, no. I did kill her, I did kill the man that she was
- sleeping with. Do I regret it? Only because I had to endure the stress of the American justice
- system, but she deserves to lay dead on the ground.
RAW Paste Data
Pastebin PRO Summer Special!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!
Get 60% OFF on Pastebin PRO accounts!