a guest Sep 27th, 2017 94 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Computer History
- Year/Enter Computer History
- Inventors/Inventions Computer History
- Description of Event
- 1936 Konrad Zuse - Z1 Computer First freely programmable computer.
- 1942 John Atanasoff & Clifford Berry
- ABC Computer Who was first in the computing biz is not always as easy as ABC.
- 1944 Howard Aiken & Grace Hopper
- Harvard Mark I Computer The Harvard Mark 1 computer.
- 1946 John Presper Eckert & John W. Mauchly
- ENIAC 1 Computer 20,000 vacuum tubes later...
- Frederic Williams & Tom Kilburn
- Manchester Baby Computer & The Williams Tube Baby and the Williams Tube turn on the memories.
- 1947/48 John Bardeen, Walter Brattain & Wiliam Shockley
- The Transistor No, a transistor is not a computer, but this invention greatly affected the history of computers.
- 1951 John Presper Eckert & John W. Mauchly
- UNIVAC Computer First commercial computer & able to pick presidential winners.
- 1953 International Business Machines
- IBM 701 EDPM Computer IBM enters into 'The History of Computers'.
- 1954 John Backus & IBM
- FORTRAN Computer Programming Language The first successful high level programming language.
- (In Use 1959) Stanford Research Institute, Bank of America, and General Electric
- ERMA and MICR The first bank industry computer - also MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) for reading checks.
- 1958 Jack Kilby & Robert Noyce
- The Integrated Circuit Otherwise known as 'The Chip'
- 1962 Steve Russell & MIT
- Spacewar Computer Game The first computer game invented.
- 1964 Douglas Engelbart
- Computer Mouse & Windows Nicknamed the mouse because the tail came out the end.
- 1969 ARPAnet The original Internet.
- 1970 Intel 1103 Computer Memory The world's first available dynamic RAM chip.
- 1971 Faggin, Hoff & Mazor
- Intel 4004 Computer Microprocessor The first microprocessor.
- 1971 Alan Shugart &IBM
- The "Floppy" Disk Nicknamed the "Floppy" for its flexibility.
- 1973 Robert Metcalfe & Xerox
- The Ethernet Computer Networking Networking.
- 1974/75 Scelbi & Mark-8 Altair & IBM 5100 Computers The first consumer computers.
- 1976/77 Apple I, II & TRS-80 & Commodore Pet Computers More first consumer computers.
- 1978 Dan Bricklin & Bob Frankston
- VisiCalc Spreadsheet Software Any product that pays for itself in two weeks is a surefire winner.
- 1979 Seymour Rubenstein & Rob Barnaby
- WordStar Software Word Processors.
- 1981 IBM
- The IBM PC - Home Computer From an "Acorn" grows a personal computer revolution
- 1981 Microsoft
- MS-DOS Computer Operating System From "Quick And Dirty" comes the operating system of the century.
- 1983 Apple Lisa Computer The first home computer with a GUI, graphical user interface.
- 1984 Apple Macintosh Computer The more affordable home computer with a GUI.
- 1985 Microsoft Windows Microsoft begins the friendly war with Apple.
RAW Paste Data