a guest May 19th, 2017 45 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- How to do what should be done
- It seems like a lot of people go through life not really knowing exactly what they want to do. While some people wander aimlessly through life, a lot more simply do what they're told to, whether directly by some influence or indirectly by society and peer pressure. One might either have no direction, or just follow the direction everyone else is going. Although understandable that people simply want to follow the path laid out for them and everyone else, some think it's not the right way to live. These people who make a decision to do as they want are, in my opinion, likely to end up in three situations: Following no particular path, following an atypical path laid for them by some other entity, or following their own path.
- To recap, a person will almost always follow no path, someone else's path, or their own path. In fact, people usually follow a combination of them to some extent. To do what should be done, however, I believe one must follow their own path. Realizing that nothing in life is particularly important, one might come to the conclusion that the best way to live is the most interesting and full of heart and truth. To begin on this path, I believe you must follow your own path and not the simple path that someone else lays out for you. To live aimlessly is equally useless, if not more interesting though.
- Within living on your own path however are more distinctions. These might include following a path for pleasure, for truth, for justice, for revenge, for money, for adventure or any such thing or combination thereof. Although most of those are probably good, the way I see best to fit is a path of heart. The path of heart is simple and yet complicated, but it's the best way to live because you live life in a way you know you should.
- To do what should be done you must focus on living a path of heart. To find if it's a path of heart you should simply ask yourself truly if an action to possibly done has heart. If you truly know that it has heart, it is probably worth doing. If you have to question it or have faith or have doubts or especially know that it isn't, it's probably useless. What goings along with living a path of heart is to keep death as your advisor. To quote don Juan "Death is a wise advisor that we have… One… has to ask death’s advice and drop the cursed pettiness that belongs to men that live their lives as if death will never tap them!" You have to live with death as your advisor- you have to live as if every action you take is your final battle. If you live like that, you'll only do what should be done.
- The third part is to feel things out. You must find your own personal ways to become more connected with the universe and thereby pick out the waves and vibes that can tell you what to do at a moment's notice. The more connected you become the more you can pick out the factors in reality that can give you information on how you should act under particular circumstances.
- The fourth part is essentially the sum of the first three. You must live like a warrior. You must live impeccably, realizing life is too short to live wastefully, that life doesn't go right nor wrong, but goes on as a challenge that you must stand up to. And if you do not stand up to it, life will beat you into submission and furthermore into a useless life and death.
- When you, as a warrior, follow a path of heart, live with death as your advisor, and feel out the way you should go, you won't be able to follow a useless path except for moments when you ignore those three steps and indulge in something unnecessary that will halt your real progress. Although it is the goal to live impeccably, it is a path that has steps which you must take daily before you come to a place where you can call yourself a true warrior. It is hard- a challenge and a burden. It's foreign, unusual and mysterious as well, and takes time and great effort. But it is worth it.
RAW Paste Data
Challenge yourself this year...
Learn something new in 2017
Learn something new in 2017