griffmac May 15th, 2019 80 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- **Festerwood Fungal Stave**
- *Staff, very rare (requires attunement by a cleric, druid, or sorcerer)*
- This fungal staff has 10 magical spores and regrows all expended spores each day at dusk. While holding it, you can expend 1 or more of the spores as an action to cause a large mushroom to grow explosively in that number of unoccupied spaces on solid ground within 60 feet of you. Each mushroom is Small, has 25 hit points, and has an AC of 12. The first time that a creature moves through or starts their turn in a space that has a mushroom in it, it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw equal to your spell save DC or take 2d6 poison damage. The mushrooms live for 1 minute or until they fall to 0 hit points.
- The staff also has 15 charges and regains 2d6+3 expended charges each day at dusk. While holding the staff, you can expend 1 or more of its charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: *cloudkill* (5 charges), *fog cloud* (1 charge), *insect plague* (5 charges), or *stinking cloud* (3 charges). You cast these spells using a bonus action instead of their normal casting time and must target a point adjacent to a space occupied by one of the mushrooms. In addition, the spells' durations are 1 round instead of their normal duration, ending at the end of your next turn, and do not require concentration to cast.
- If you expend the last charge from the staff, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff begins to violently overgrow, forcing you to drop it in an unoccupied space adjacent to you. If the staff is dropped on solid ground, a *violet fungus* (*Monster Manual* p. 138) grows in its place.
- *The festerwood's deep moss hides its ravenous flora. The carcasses in the woods are quickly pulled deeper into the undergrowth, feeding its unique breed of parasitic fungi. While you may think yourself alone in the festerwood: you are never safe.*
- **See imbalance? Let's fix it!** Leave a comment with that you're seeing wrong with the item design. Items change for the better over the course of a few days here on Reddit because of your feedback!
- **Get unmarked, hi-resolution item Art, Cards, and full Compendiums** when you [support the effort on Patreon](https://www.patreon.com/the_griffons_saddlebag)!
- **Credits.** Art and item design by me: please credit The Griffon's Saddlebag if you repost elsewhere!
RAW Paste Data