- Anonymous -- #OpSyria
- PRESS RELEASE
- Greetings from Anonymous, the final boss of the internet. Recently it has come to our attention that
- the public, supporters of our movement and the general internet populace is slightly confused as to
- our intentions for Operation Syria.
- We wish to outline our position on the regime and the opposition so as to make things less complicated
- for those unaware of our intentions.
- We do not support the Syrian regime, namely for a few reasons:
- 1.) The Syrian regime has oppressed the people of Syria.
- 2.) The Syrian regime has used weapons of mass destruction against innocent people.
- 3.) The Syrian regime seeks to limit freedom of expression through the difficulty of internet access,
- thereby limiting, in addition, freedom of information supply to the Syrian people.
- We stand with the people of Syria, not necessarily all the views of the opposition. Anonymous takes a
- very pro-information and pro-freedom approach to our operations and our planning. When it became clear
- that the Syrian regime was limiting the rights of the people, we responded accordingly, deciding that
- we would take the side of the populace.
- As we do frequently, Anonymous firmly stands on the side of the population, rather than the government.
- To support the Syrian regime would be to support an oppressive organization seeking to attack the liberty
- of an entire nation. Surely, it becomes clear, then, why Anonymous has so viciously been lashing out
- at Syrian government websites.
- To date, we have hacked into Syrian customs, launched DDoS attacks on numerous Syrian government websites,
- spread information on the situation at hand, and gone to war with the Syrian Electronic Army.
- As for the latter, we did so only after the Syrian Electronic Army declared war on Anonymous, and by extension
- you. We are not particularly interested specifically in one pro-regime hacktivist group, and as such,
- we are more preoccupied with getting our message out through attacking the government.
- Anonymous is a movement. It is an idea which does not manifest itself into the viewpoints and ranks of
- any small group of particular individuals. We do not represent the entire idea or protest of Anonymous, rather
- the #OpSyria arm of the AnonOps association of activists.
- Conflicting viewpoints on these matters are welcome, as we do not attack or declare any opinion to be wrong.
- As much as we are open with our position that we support the people of Syria, we wish to also make it clear
- that we serve a more significant, if not epic, purpose. Operaton Syria seeks to provide the world with information
- as its greatest ammunition. That being any information we've dug up with or without intrusions into systems.
- Operation Syria's greatest caliber round is the documents and the motivation we give to the international
- community to take a stand and stomp down the oppressor.
- You are Anonymous. You, too, are legion, simply by declaring your loyalty to the movement and the idea.
- You cannot join Anonymous, you cannot represent Anonymous, you cannot claim that Anonymous is taking one
- specific standpoint without further clarifying that opinions may differ all across the globe.
- Hopefully we have clarified these matters as they became important or relevant.
- If you wish to speak to activists in support of Operation Syria, join our internet relay chat:
- or irc.anonops.com/6697 for SSL on an IRC client.
- We are Anonymous
- We are legion
- We do not forgive
- We do not forget.
- We are already here.
Operation Syria Press Release
a guest Sep 7th, 2013 1,225 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data