a guest Aug 12th, 2017 116 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- --> Now talking on #valvearg3-spoilers
- * Vertel gives channel operator status to Dstrichit
- <Jacobo> It doesn't seem like Valve to release something that comes before Portal 1 without making it obvious
- --> Rule (email@example.com) has joined #valvearg3-spoilers
- * Vertel gives channel operator status to Rule
- <Rule> right okay
- <Rule> seet
- <Rule> sweet
- <Rule> so as I said
- <Rule> actually as I was going to say
- <Rule> Wheatley mentions finding two little robots specifically designed for testing in the facility
- <Vertel> Jacobo: Granted, it would be an odd order in which to release things. But weirder things have happened. Some game series have a continuity so whacked you need six timelines to figure out story order vs. play order.
- <Jacobo> I suppose
- <Vertel> Right. And as I understand, part of the narrative of the co-op is that they've just been assembled for the first time. I'm going to count that a point on my side. :P
- <Rule> Why would he be so happy with the robots if he had literally thousands of test subjects at his disposal (yes, wheatley is an idiot, but he's looked through the entire compound to find test chambers and atlas&pbody)
- <Vertel> Simple. All the other test subjects died in relaxation. At the start, if you wait, Wheately even says you're the last one left alive.
- <Rule> So GLaDOS finds thousands of test subjects, lets them all die in relaxation?
- <Rule> that's not like her.
- <Vertel> It has been hundreds of years.
- <Vertel> She was offline for that period. The facility is in ruin.
- <Rule> Hm, I suppose
- <Rule> but then..
- <Rule> Chell destroyed GLaDOS and turns her on in the beginning
- <Rule> so that is the first possible time that the co-operation initiative starts
- <Vertel> No, my entire argument is that the co-operative testing initiative started before the events of Portal 1; that's where GLaDOS gets Chell and all the other test subjects.
- <Rule> ahha
- <Rule> but then why does the compound look so broken down and overrun during co op play
- <Rule> I know the plants are probably Chell's potato's doing, but still
- <Vertel> Only in one course.
- <Vertel> And GLaDOS says the humans built that one and then abandoned it.
- <Jacobo> I just re-listened to the quote from chapter 9 where glados talks about the co-op testing initiative
- <Vertel> The rest of the courses -- barring the really old courses -- are pretty well maintained.
- <Jacobo> She says "It's something I came up with to phase out human testing just before you escaped."
- <Rule> ah
- <Rule> that solves that then
- <Rule> then it has to be after the events of the sp
- <Jacobo> She could mean escaped from the relaxation pod thingy in Portal 1, though
- <Jacobo> It's all very vague
- <Jacobo> INTERPRETING VAGUE ANSWER AS: YES
- <Rule> she escaped from a relaxation pod? Didn't GLaDOS just open the portal there?
- <Rule> NO NO NO, you didn't pick up on my sarcasm there
- <Vertel> It also directly contradicts her being so ecstatic to have so many human test subjects...
- <Vertel> And her statement in the co-op that robots really are no substitute for human testing.
- <Vertel> I don't know.
- --> echinos (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #valvearg3-spoilers
RAW Paste Data