- This pastebin is written for (a) people who are newcomers to the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise and (b) people who have finished watching the Haruhi anime in its entirety, inclusive of the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. (Endless Eight is optional)
- (a)So you're new to Haruhi
- The easiest way to get into Haruhi is to watch the anime that made it famous. A recommended viewing order can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/POHTnEL.png
- There are two ways to watch Haruhi - (a) the chronological order (as it was told in the novels) and (b) the broadcast order. Although (a) would make the most sense, (b) is advocated by some of the older Haruhi fans as some feel that some of the surprises and mysteries of the series are better related when told inconsequentially. Additionally, Haruhi Suzumiya, as a series, had some of its biggest events and happenings occur earlier in the story. That being said - this is a debated matter, and different viewings may yield different opinions
- (b)So you finished Disappearance. What next?
- So you finished Disappearance. Not a bad movie, eh? There is a fair amount of reason why Season 3 off Haruhi has not been announced (will be added in future) but, and if you still want more Haruhi Suzumiya - the story does not end with Disappearance.
- 1. Read the novels
- After Disappearance, there's 6 more novels. Considering that the anime in total only covered the first 4 novels, there's a lot more that happened that hasn't been explored yet.
- The remaining novels are:
- The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Disassocation of Haruhi Suzumiya
- The Surpise of Haruhi Suzumiya Parts 1 & 2 (released in Japan as two books)
- All the novels have been translated fully in English by Little, Brown and Company, and can be bought at your local bookstore. If you can't afford them: https://mega.nz/#!YtBUTSKb!rgUK-SbQ4CyfCCVQhdFWzDTt-FWXAS_fbzKf-A9RocQ
- 2. Read the manga
- Serialized in Shonen Ace, the manga adapted all the Haruhi books, and was treated as a shounen manga, depsite the seinen nature of the source material. Although the first 8 volumes, up till Disappearance, deviate from both the source material and the anime in parts, the remaining volumes are considered to be more faithful, with the quality of art improving.
- All volumes of the manga have been translated fully by Yen Press and can be bought at your local bookstore. If you can't afford them, you can read them online at: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Melancholy-Of-Haruhi-Suzumiya/
- Still not enough Haruhi?
- 3. Spin-offs and official parodies
- At least 3 spin-off series of Haruhi have been released. The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan follows from the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and follows more closely the parallel world where Kyon develops a relationship with Yuki Nagato. It can be seen as alternate take on the main series, though YMMV.
- There is also The Meancholy of Haruhi-chan and Nyoron! Churuya-san. (this portion is ending further elaboration)
- 4. Hunt down Haruhi Doujins and material
- Aside from the 3 doujins that ended up becoming 'accepted' by Kadokawa, there is also a lot of other fan doujins, fanart and material related to Haruhi that have existed (a lot of it porn, of course). Some of these range from comics to even fan-games, with at least one eroge of the series having been released.
- (pending further update)
- 5. Start your own SOS Brigade! Or get inspired creatively
Haruhi Suzumiya General Infodump
a guest Aug 27th, 2015 1,448 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data