- Start of @View buffer: Wed Apr 11 01:32:09 2012
- Session Start: Wed Apr 11 01:18:24 2012
- Session Ident: #G2ROOT
- 03[01:18] * Now talking in #G2ROOT
- 03[01:18] * Topic is 'T-Mobile G2 Root | PERM ROOT CONFIRMED | FULL S-OFF | Instructions http://goo.gl/aXNr | USE THE TRACKPAD IN RECOVERY | Missing 2GB? http://goo.gl/qxp4Y | XDA Post http://goo.gl/E6Lia | Keep it Legal | Channel Logs http://irclog.netripper.com/?chan=G2ROOT | Kernel Source http://is.gd/g1Fhc | cm7.1.0-FINAL is out, see #cyanogenmod or website'
- 03[01:18] * Set by pierre_ja!~petar@unaffiliated/pierre-ja/x-8427765 on Wed Apr 04 01:35:51
- 01[01:18] <mAn> Hello everybody !
- 02[01:18] * Merth (~Shaun@rrcs-64-183-132-90.west.biz.rr.com) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
- 01[01:18] <mAn> So many people here. ^^
- 01[01:19] <mAn> I need some help, I have a Desire Z with fried eMMC.
- [01:19] <cjward> :(
- 01[01:19] <mAn> Yeah :(
- 01[01:20] <mAn> I read all this topic 3 times : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1039504
- 01[01:20] <mAn> And send my phone to Cordon Electronics, who repairs phones for HTC France
- 01[01:22] <mAn> They received the phone for 11 days, but it seems the didn't inspected it, except for the hboot (S-OFF ...)
- [01:22] <cjward> HTC are normally pretty good at repairing s-off devices
- 01[01:22] <mAn> They said I must pay to fix my phone, but they didn't tell me the price nor confirm the defect
- [01:23] <cjward> It will be a new main board and won't be cheap
- 01[01:23] <mAn> It could be nice of them !
- [01:24] <cjward> You can try and play up the fact that it's a known hardware issues
- 01[01:24] <mAn> yes
- 01[01:24] <mAn> it is covert by a legal warranty in europe
- [01:24] <cjward> Yeah
- [01:24] <cjward> It's faulty hardware
- [01:24] <cjward> How old is it?
- 01[01:25] <mAn> They should apply this... but they said they don't know this issue...
- 01[01:25] <mAn> A little bit more than 1 year
- [01:25] <cjward> That's an issue
- [01:25] <cjward> HTC only give 12 months
- 01[01:25] <mAn> No
- 01[01:25] <mAn> 2 years ;)
- [01:25] <cjward> I've never heard that
- [01:26] <cjward> I would check your warranty infk
- 01[01:26] <mAn> It is on the warranty paper with the phone
- [01:26] <cjward> Ohh
- 01[01:26] <mAn> And they confirmed it by phone
- 01[01:26] <mAn> But the warranty is void because of the S-OFF and root...
- [01:26] <cjward> It's irrelevant
- 01[01:27] <mAn> They said it was in the warranty's clauses
- [01:27] <cjward> The hardware has a known fault, htc are aware of this issue and know that s-off and root play no part
- 01[01:27] <mAn> it was I said sooner
- 01[01:27] <mAn> But it was like to speak at a deaf
- [01:28] <cjward> I would ask for the device to be sent to htc rather than a third party repair centre
- 01[01:28] <mAn> So you confirm HTC must repair the phone with no charge or few charge ?
- [01:28] <cjward> A lot of people have had the dz's repaired free of charge
- 01[01:28] <mAn> =)
- 01[01:29] <mAn> But it seems I am maybe the first in France ?
- [01:29] <cjward> Just kick up a fuss and threaten to go to what ever whatchdog governs these things I have your country
- 01[01:29] <mAn> yeah ^^
- 01[01:30] <mAn> Tomorrow or after tomorrow, HTC will call me about this.
- [01:30] <cjward> Bed time for me
- [01:30] <cjward> Good luck
- 01[01:30] <mAn> I am happy you confirm what I think
- 01[01:31] <mAn> yeah. Thank you very much !
- 01[01:31] <mAn> Good night ^^
- 03[01:31] * cjward is now known as cj|ZzZz
- 03[01:31] * Retrieving #G2ROOT modes...
- End of @View buffer Wed Apr 11 01:32:09 2012
a guest Apr 10th, 2012 72 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data