- Shins Yellow rice of win
- Serves 2
- 100g basmati rice
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 cardamon pods
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- ( 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the rice in cold Water until the water becomes clear,
- this removes excess starch.
- Place into a small heavy-
- based saucepan with the stock, cardamom, turmeric and
- bay leaf.
- Bring up to the boil, with a lid on. Once up to the boil stir
- once and then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook
- for a further 10 minutes over a low heat. (if you stir it any more air gets under the rice it will then burn to shit)
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat and leave with the lid on
- for a further 10 minutes.
- Try a bit see if its cooked, if not pour in a tiny bit more stock or boiling water, cook back down
- Break up the rice with a fork and
- season with the sugar, salt and pepper. Eat
a guest Sep 25th, 2012 43 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data