System-NNN Tools Documentation
May 5th, 2019
- Still not done.
- Executable for Gore Screaming Show. Do not use for other games.
- Unpacks and repacks images. (FILE.gpk)
- .gpk container should be accompanied with .gtb file.
- Doesn't work with newer games.
- You can use Garbro to extract the images, but not repack.
- --Init folder:
- Contains files in .xtx format which contain various engine parameters. E.g. printmessage.xtx has stuff related to the textbox.
- See Init folder.txt for more details.
- Unpacks and repacks scrip files (FILE.spt)
- Usage: gsspt.exe input.(spt|txt) output.(txt|spt)
- !Large script bug:
- Don't know if it's my system (Using Win7 because 10yo craptop) or if there's something wrong with the tool, but apparently trying to repack a large script (+2000 strings) makes the tool crash.
- HOWEVER, there's a workaround for this: Set gsspt.exe to run in compatibility mode for Windows 95 / ME.
- Manually. Else, the text goes off screen.
- Character limit can be adjusted by modifying the text size. See initFolder.txt, PrintMessage.xtx section for details.
- However, a simple linebreak script should work.
- Marks the end of a text box.
- On newer games, you need need to change the position of the ### to be under the line or else the game crashes. There are engine commands that also use the ### at end end of the line instead of under it, so check the end of the script before using regex to make the change, else it breaks the save function.
- It's not possible to make extra text boxes or lines ATM.
- Change the names in namecol.xtx inside the spt folder before changing them in the script, else it crashes. Don't just use Search and Replace blindly; check the end of the script first. Else it damage the engine commands.
- >Ruby text
- You can use #[numTEXT] for ruby text, where "num" is the number of characters preceding the command where you want to display it over. Only a maximum of 9 characters are allowed, so you may need to use 2 or more.
- Needs further testing...
- Either enclosed in 『』 or after a %
- Search for these.
- >Special Characters:
- Use Japanese quotes or the name goes out of the textbox.
- Also use smart quotes since the dumb ones default to ”’.
- Monospaced, but you can modify PrintMessage.xtx to make it look better.
- See initFolder.txt, PrintMessage.xtx section for details.
- Games tested:
- >Dasaku ~Nuiawase~ (The Add-on uses KiriKiri)
- -### fix required.
- -Font hack functional, but values of PrintMessage.xtx must be guessed.
- -Encrypted init folder (init2).
Please, Sign In to add comment