- Timecodes are approximate
- 0:00 - 3:15: Talking shit about kickstarter projects. -> Sets the mood for being a snarky, useless video.
- 3:15 - 4:15: Degrade Dina for pushing for a playable female character. -> Backers (like all people) are allowed to have opinions. No, Call is not a playable character, so requesting that either Call be playable or Beck be female is a legitimate request.
- 4:15 - 4:30: Express dismay that Dina got a community manager position for Mighty No 9. -> No she's not an artist/designer for Mighty No 9, just a possibility for future titles.
- 4:30 - 4:40: Express dismay that Dina is designing robots. -> "Designing robots FTW!" is pretty open-ended, and doesn't imply her designs will affect the end game, nor what robots she designed. There are lots of minion robots in these types of games.
- 4:40 - 8:45: Describing Dina's background as a feminist who knows people at the company and doesn't consider herself an MM player. -> So what if she's a feminist? Even if you're a misogynist she's not in charge of anything and any "agenda" likely won't be followed anyway. And yeah she knows people, how do you think people get jobs? Finally, she later explains that she played MM X, but isn't hardcore about it. Maybe that makes her role as a Community Manager make less sense, but that isn't your call as a fan, that's the company's call.
- 8:45 - 10:15: People get mad and post on the forums. Mods respond through editing posts. -> That has nothing to do with Dina.
- 10:15 - 12:30: Dina makes an intro post that is very unprofessional. -> OK so she's not very experienced in a public setting. Not the end of the world.
- 12:30 - 13:45: Dina said MM X is the best after a tweet saying she's "never an MM player". -> Oh shit, people can view themselves as not a fanboy of a series after playing it? SHIT SOUND THE ALARM.
- 13:45 - 14:15: Dina locks her twitter. -> Is this really surprising? I doubt her twitter was meant to represent her professionally and now the whole internet is trolling for dirt. Google "nothing to hide fallacy".
- 14:15 - 16:15: Dina makes a post and unlocks her twitter after deleting some tweets. -> Like I just said, she's covering her ass. This is not unreasonable.
- 16:15 - 18:00: Dina explains that she knew a lot of people at the company, which helped her get a foot in the door but in the end she went through a rigorous interview process. -> Holy shit, it's almost like that's how people normally get jobs!
- 18:00 - 20:30: Sensationalist recap and dismay. -> The evident bias in this document is only overwhelmed by the bias in the video.
- 20:30 - 21:00: Tacky "liar" song played over a picture of Dina. -> How low can you go?
- To recap:
- -> Afraid of her being a radical feminist? You're a scumbag
- -> Afraid of her pushing an agenda? She's in charge of nothing
- -> Afraid of her influencing the game? She will, but not as much as you fear
- -> Afraid of nepotism? Have you ever tried to get a job before?
- -> Afraid of her not being enough of a fan? Well she's clearly familiar with the genre, and not really your call anyway
- -> Afraid of her being a liar? Refuting your interpretations of snippets of what she said does not a liar make
- -> Afraid of her not answering your questions? She's not obligated to
a guest Dec 12th, 2013 1,172 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data