Smash Addiction Rule Set
a guest Aug 30th, 2016 232 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- General Rules
- -ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- -Signups end 15 min. before the scheduled start time for each event.
- -BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
- -For Smash, pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
- -You are responsible for your own belongings
- -Once your set is done PLAYERS MUST IMMEDIATELY REPORT the results to the TO staff.
- -DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the SET. TO staff will not leave the venue to go searching for you so please be aware of how the tournament is progressing. YOU WILL GET DQ’D IF YOU DON’T ARRIVE TO YOUR MATCH ON TIME.
- MONEY MATCHES ARE NOT EXCUSABLE! IF YOU ARE MONEY MATCHING WHILE STILL IN BRACKET YOU WILL GET DQ'D!
- Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered forbidden. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
- The TO reserves the right to deny payout from event winnings to any player suspected of intentionally throwing a match, splitting a payout, or committing any other form of bracket manipulation.
- -Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
- -Players may NOT hold off their match in order to have it streamed/recorded unless first cleared with the TO staff.
- -No refusal to play on certain setups barring extreme circumstances.
- -All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO. By entering in this event you agree to follow all rules set forth by the TO.
- Melee Ruleset
- * Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process.
- *4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
- * Items OFF
- * Double elim. Best of 3 except Winners’ Finals, Losers’ Finals and Grand Finals matches which will be best of 5 format.
- * Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
- * If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
- * Master Hand is banned.
- * Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed. Freezing and infinite stalling are NOT legal.
- * Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- * Starter stages (Singles): Yoshi’s Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land, Fountain of Dreams
- * Counter-pick Stages (Singles): Pokémon Stadium
- * First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- * Following stages decided by winner banning ONE stage and then loser choosing.
- * Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans.
- * Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
- * You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
RAW Paste Data