Pipe Hand Grenade
- Pipe Hand Grenade:
- Hand Grenades can be made from a piece of iron pipe. The filler can be of plastic or granular military explosive, improvised explosive, or propellant from shotgun or small arms munition.
- Material Required: -----------------
- Iron Pipe, threaded ends, 1-1/2" to 3" diameter, 3" to 8" long. Two (2) iron pipe caps Explosive or propellant Nonelectric blasting cap (Commercial or military) Fuse cord Hand Drill Pliers
- Procedure: ---------
- 1) Place blasting cap on one end of fuse cord and crimp with pliers.
- NOTE: To find out how long the fuse cord should be, check the time it takes a known length to burn. If 12 inches burns in 30 seconds, a 6 inch cord will ignite the grenade in 15 seconds.
- 2) Screw pipe cap to one end of the pipe. Place fuse cord with blasting cap into the opposite end so that the blasting cap is near the center of the pipe.
- NOTE: If plastic explosive is to be used, fill pipe BEFORE inserting blasting cap. Push a round stick into the center of the explosive to make a hole and then insert the blasting cap.
- 3) Pour explosive or propellant into pipe a little bit at a time. Tap the base of the pipe frequently to settle filler.
- 4) Drill a hole in the center of the unassembled pipe caplarge enough for the fuse cord to pass through.
- 5) Wipe pipe threads to remove any filler material. Slide the drilled pipe cap over the fuse and screw handtight onto the pipe.
- Ready to go!
RAW Paste Data