a guest Oct 14th, 2019 106 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- ==October 14th, 2019==
- Jaws 1980 was the first blockbuster.
- Timing it for when people are free for most exposure.
- Movies and The Illusion of Realtion:
- Is Film a slice of reality or an illusion?
- Development of film Narrative
- History of Hollywood
- Alternatives to Hollywood
- Modern Global Film Industry
- Early Film Technology:
- Film is moving images: Putting photographs in a sequence. Do it right and the brains do the job for us.
- Films are photographs projected sequenctially with light on a screen.
- -Eadweard Muybridge, Hannibal Goodwin, and George Eastmen:
- Eadweard had a bet: Do all 4 legs of a horse move when galloping.
- Eastmen took pictures and then moved accross a string of film.
- Thomas Edison v. Louis and Auguste Lumiere
- Battle between who invented film.
- Edison: Vidascope.
- Lumiere: Cinematograph: A camera, dev studio, and projector.
- Arrival of a train at La Ciotat (The Lumiere Brothers, 1895)
- Film mostly a Novelty.
- Film, Narratives, and Visual/Special Effects:
- George Melies. A stage Magician.
- Film rolls have the potential to be cut, edited, and rearranged; this opened up the real potential for narrative and special effects.
- Le Votage dans La Lune (A trip to the moon) 1902: First video that has modern effects in it.
- Uses mostly hand gestures and emotion to tell the story.
- Some drawing on a chalkboard.
- Fighting to show conflict of ideas.
- Cross fade to people building.
- Music also showing effect. Fast music showing upbeat excitement.
- Cut effect, and the men are shot to the moon
- Zooming to show closer to the moon
- Moon gets shot in the face.
- Men running and dancing on the moon now. (Jump cuts everywhere)
- Depicting that the moon has at atmosphere (It doesn't)
- Aliens attack, then men are hitting them, they turn to dust.
- Scientists Propose a plan
- Scientists Agree on plan
- Communication designed to persuade people of a particular idea or point of view;
- Often with misinformation.
- Triumph des Willens (Made Hitler look God like)
- Why we fight (America).
RAW Paste Data