SHARE
TWEET

Diaspora Community CodeChat, 03-29-2012

DeadSuperHero Mar 29th, 2012 1,167 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
  1. Mar 29 12:06:43 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, everyone!
  2. Mar 29 12:06:50 <DeadSuperHero> Welcome to our bi-weekly code chat!
  3. Mar 29 12:07:18 <DeadSuperHero> We've got a lot of exciting things going on with development at the moment, and we'd love to share what all's going on!
  4. Mar 29 12:07:27 <msalzberg>     first who is here here?
  5. Mar 29 12:07:33 *       msalzberg waves hand
  6. Mar 29 12:07:37 *       stevenh512 is here
  7. Mar 29 12:07:39 <DeadSuperHero> D* Community, REPRESENT!
  8. Mar 29 12:07:41 <diasp> me
  9. Mar 29 12:07:43 <christophe_wk3>        me (: hey everyone
  10. Mar 29 12:07:46 <sfs>   me too
  11. Mar 29 12:07:50 *       raven24 ♥
  12. Mar 29 12:07:55 *       joux just watchin ;-)
  13. Mar 29 12:08:10 <msalzberg>     thats cool, thanks for at least letting us know y'all are here
  14. Mar 29 12:08:15 <DenSchub>      :D
  15. Mar 29 12:08:17 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, that's awesome!
  16. Mar 29 12:08:26 <sarahmei>      I'm here
  17. Mar 29 12:08:33 <sarahmei>      Somewhat delayed :)
  18. Mar 29 12:08:38 <stwf_> hi, made it!
  19. Mar 29 12:08:41 *       Schoewill has quit (Quit: WeeChat 0.3.7)
  20. Mar 29 12:08:43 <DeadSuperHero> Yay!
  21. Mar 29 12:08:50 <msalzberg>     ok, i feel better
  22. Mar 29 12:08:52 <msalzberg>     lets continue
  23. Mar 29 12:09:03 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, so the first order of business: I suppose you've heard that we're moving the codebase over to Rails 3.1.
  24. Mar 29 12:09:17 <msalzberg>     (finally)
  25. Mar 29 12:09:26 <diasp> hopefully :-)
  26. Mar 29 12:09:30 <stwf_> nice!
  27. Mar 29 12:09:37 <DeadSuperHero> msalzberg and stevenh512 have been doing an awesome job of moving things over to a new branch with all the greatness that is the new Rails stuff.
  28. Mar 29 12:09:52 <msalzberg>     yeah so the asset pipeline is a bunch of work
  29. Mar 29 12:10:06 <msalzberg>     and I am so grateful for stevenh512's expertise and help on this one
  30. Mar 29 12:10:19 <msalzberg>     and I want to say, "please bear with me" on the early migration of the branch
  31. Mar 29 12:10:22 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, stevenh512 has been a real trooper with helping out. We're super lucky to have him
  32. Mar 29 12:10:35 <DeadSuperHero> msalzberg, what kind of benefits will the new asset pipeline bring to our app?
  33. Mar 29 12:10:36 <stevenh512>    it's getting there.. got most of the mobile UI bugs worked out finally :D
  34. Mar 29 12:10:40 <msalzberg>     yay
  35. Mar 29 12:10:42 <DeadSuperHero> :)
  36. Mar 29 12:11:04 <msalzberg>     DeadSuperHero: mostly it is about staying compatible with new libraries, as most assume the asset-pipeline exsists
  37. Mar 29 12:11:13 <msalzberg>     wait first, does everyone know what the asset pipeline is?
  38. Mar 29 12:11:16 <sarahmei>      One thing to note, now that we're on 3.1 you can no longer post to diaspora without a csrf token
  39. Mar 29 12:11:27 <msalzberg>     http://railscasts.com/episodes/279-understanding-the-asset-pipeline
  40. Mar 29 12:11:37 <DeadSuperHero> <3 Thanks Max.
  41. Mar 29 12:11:39 <msalzberg>     sarahmei: meaning you can't even disable it?
  42. Mar 29 12:11:49 <diasp> cstf token?
  43. Mar 29 12:11:54 *       nunatak has quit (Quit: Verlassend)
  44. Mar 29 12:11:55 <raven24>       I think the best thing is the "vendor" script separation
  45. Mar 29 12:12:09 <raven24>       cross site request forgery
  46. Mar 29 12:12:09 <sarahmei>      Before 3.1 rails did not require one for ajax requests
  47. Mar 29 12:12:11 <stevenh512>    msalzberg: it can be disabled, but I'd only recommend doing that for API endpoints
  48. Mar 29 12:12:11 <msalzberg>     csrf = cross-site request forgery
  49. Mar 29 12:12:25 <sarahmei>      Now it requires one for all requests
  50. Mar 29 12:12:25 <msalzberg>     yeah, i mean wasn't that the old behavior as well?
  51. Mar 29 12:12:28 <sarahmei>      No
  52. Mar 29 12:12:52 <DeadSuperHero> Is it true that we won't have to use Jammit anymore?
  53. Mar 29 12:13:04 <msalzberg>     yes, asset pipeline is a replacement to jammit
  54. Mar 29 12:13:08 <DeadSuperHero> :)
  55. Mar 29 12:13:23 <msalzberg>     the rails gods basically decided that jammit was really useful for a webdev stack, so they rolled there own
  56. Mar 29 12:13:30 <msalzberg>     since it is a little more tightly coupled with rails
  57. Mar 29 12:13:35 <sarahmei>      Starting in 3.1 a token is required for all requests. That's important because it will break command-line diaspora clients that were previously just doing a post.
  58. Mar 29 12:13:38 <sarahmei>      Ok done :)
  59. Mar 29 12:13:40 <msalzberg>     it allows for a bit of magic
  60. Mar 29 12:13:41 <raven24>       no java dependency, yay!
  61. Mar 29 12:13:49 <msalzberg>     yes
  62. Mar 29 12:13:53 <msalzberg>     that is good!
  63. Mar 29 12:13:56 <DeadSuperHero> We can all definitely be happy about that.
  64. Mar 29 12:13:57 <msalzberg>     but what i am more excited about
  65. Mar 29 12:14:09 <msalzberg>     is that we can finally support rails engines properly
  66. Mar 29 12:14:28 <DeadSuperHero> How so?
  67. Mar 29 12:14:30 <stevenh512>    raven24: node.js (or other javascript engine) dependency instead.. but a Mac has a JS engine built in anyway and Node on Linux is easy to install
  68. Mar 29 12:14:54 <msalzberg>     this will be somewhat of a delayed benefit, but now there is a nicely supported way to drop in slices of functionality
  69. Mar 29 12:14:59 <raven24>       stevenh512: jeah, but I suppose that's more lightweight than java
  70. Mar 29 12:15:00 <msalzberg>     like for example, rails_admin
  71. Mar 29 12:15:07 <msalzberg>     or a proper oauth2 provider
  72. Mar 29 12:15:14 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, I'm super stoked about both of those.
  73. Mar 29 12:15:23 <msalzberg>     or even there is some fun things about making editing translations in line
  74. Mar 29 12:15:31 <DeadSuperHero> I'm sure a lot of podmins would love to be able to use Rails Admin.
  75. Mar 29 12:15:43 <msalzberg>     yeah, I am not sure if it 100% the right solution for us
  76. Mar 29 12:15:51 <msalzberg>     but as a proof of concept, it worked in about 5 minutes of hacking
  77. Mar 29 12:16:04 <msalzberg>     and it provides a bunch of nice things for people running pods
  78. Mar 29 12:16:21 <msalzberg>     you can fix bad data, look at how many users you have… basic CRUD stuff
  79. Mar 29 12:16:29 <msalzberg>     and it doesn't make your eyes bleed
  80. Mar 29 12:16:31 <DeadSuperHero> Totally agree. So hopefully, podmin's jobs will get a bit easier with that.
  81. Mar 29 12:17:03 <raven24>       about rails3.1, we were about a half year behind with updating. Is that like good/bad? Are there any stats from other projects about updatin?
  82. Mar 29 12:17:06 *       grippi (~grippi@166.205.136.97) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  83. Mar 29 12:17:07 <msalzberg>     yeah again, we should really explore the best option, but engines in general create a layer that people can extend their diaspora install without having to shove anything into master
  84. Mar 29 12:17:16 <grippi>        sup?
  85. Mar 29 12:17:17 <msalzberg>     raven24: I'm not sure stats, but it def bad
  86. Mar 29 12:17:22 <DeadSuperHero> grippi ! :D
  87. Mar 29 12:17:29 <grippi>        ciao!
  88. Mar 29 12:17:38 <msalzberg>     raven24: i think that a good rule of thumb is to never fork gems
  89. Mar 29 12:17:39 <msalzberg>     :P
  90. Mar 29 12:17:47 <msalzberg>     sometimes its nessisary
  91. Mar 29 12:17:47 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, lesson learned on that one.
  92. Mar 29 12:17:54 <sarahmei>      6 months is bad. Gems move on by then :(
  93. Mar 29 12:17:54 <msalzberg>     but will come to bite you in the add
  94. Mar 29 12:17:56 <msalzberg>     ass
  95. Mar 29 12:18:00 <msalzberg>     yeah
  96. Mar 29 12:18:09 <msalzberg>     so i guess worth mentioning is rails 3.2
  97. Mar 29 12:18:19 <msalzberg>     which has a couple of blockers, but none as bad as those for rails 3.1
  98. Mar 29 12:18:44 <msalzberg>     last time i checked, we need to upgrade devise, which is slightly tricky as they make backwards incompatible changes in 2.0
  99. Mar 29 12:18:49 <raven24>       is rails 3.2.2 out yer?
  100. Mar 29 12:18:52 <raven24>       *yet
  101. Mar 29 12:18:54 <msalzberg>     i think so
  102. Mar 29 12:19:07 <stevenh512>    raven24: Rails 3.2.3 should be out this week :)
  103. Mar 29 12:19:10 <msalzberg>     also, we need to update our acts as taggable gem
  104. Mar 29 12:19:21 <msalzberg>     but thats wayyy easier than removing devise_inviteable
  105. Mar 29 12:19:28 <msalzberg>     so once we get there, i don't see it being too hard
  106. Mar 29 12:19:29 <DeadSuperHero> I can imagine.
  107. Mar 29 12:19:35 <msalzberg>     and someone actually is looking into it now
  108. Mar 29 12:19:41 <raven24>       great
  109. Mar 29 12:19:54 <DeadSuperHero> Again, we want to thank stevenh512 for being a huge help with getting us moved over to 3.1
  110. Mar 29 12:19:56 <msalzberg>     the important note (for myself as well) is that we should get the asset pipeline stuff in tip top shape
  111. Mar 29 12:20:05 <DeadSuperHero> Definitely.
  112. Mar 29 12:20:09 <msalzberg>     before we go off and get all "ohhhhh shiny" with new stuff
  113. Mar 29 12:20:16 *       denniscollective (~dennis@75-101-111-130.dedicated.static.sonic.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  114. Mar 29 12:20:25 <msalzberg>     so please, report any regressions you may see
  115. Mar 29 12:20:30 <sfs>   which gem was forked by the way?
  116. Mar 29 12:20:38 <DeadSuperHero> acts_as_taggable_on was one of them, I think.
  117. Mar 29 12:20:43 <msalzberg>     https://github.com/diaspora/acts-as-taggable-on/commits/master
  118. Mar 29 12:20:44 <DeadSuperHero> We might've just forked that one.
  119. Mar 29 12:20:45 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah.
  120. Mar 29 12:21:07 <sfs>   thanks
  121. Mar 29 12:21:09 *       denniscollective has quit (Client Quit)
  122. Mar 29 12:21:11 <msalzberg>     also, raven24 do you think you could double check that some of your recent pulls requests around JS still seem to exist?
  123. Mar 29 12:21:24 <msalzberg>     the merge-rebase situation was a little wonky
  124. Mar 29 12:21:25 <raven24>       yes,
  125. Mar 29 12:21:35 <msalzberg>     hence the reason i merged early
  126. Mar 29 12:21:45 <msalzberg>     as there was less to possibly lose than waiting another week
  127. Mar 29 12:21:46 *       denniscollective (~dennis@75-101-111-130.dedicated.static.sonic.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  128. Mar 29 12:21:47 <raven24>       can do after chat finishes
  129. Mar 29 12:21:50 <denniscollective>      GOOD MORNING!
  130. Mar 29 12:21:51 <DeadSuperHero> Sweet.
  131. Mar 29 12:21:52 <msalzberg>     thanks
  132. Mar 29 12:21:54 <DeadSuperHero> Hi Dennis!
  133. Mar 29 12:22:00 <stevenh512>    Hi Dennis
  134. Mar 29 12:22:04 <denniscollective>      WAT DID I MISS?
  135. Mar 29 12:22:04 <DenSchub>      Hi Dennis!
  136. Mar 29 12:22:13 <denniscollective>      HI HI!
  137. Mar 29 12:22:14 <msalzberg>     denniscollective: everything
  138. Mar 29 12:22:18 <stevenh512>    lol
  139. Mar 29 12:22:19 <denniscollective>      errrtthing
  140. Mar 29 12:22:21 <DeadSuperHero> denniscollective, we've just been talking about our move to Rails 3.1, some of the new stuff coming in that we're working on.
  141. Mar 29 12:22:34 <denniscollective>      party
  142. Mar 29 12:22:46 <raven24>       wouldn't the git-way to avoid losses be rebasing?
  143. Mar 29 12:22:56 <msalzberg>     so i was rebasing
  144. Mar 29 12:23:06 <msalzberg>     but the general problem was we totally moved folders
  145. Mar 29 12:23:15 <msalzberg>     but then in the old version, creating new files in the old folders
  146. Mar 29 12:23:19 *       grippi_ (~grippi@mobile-166-147-071-149.mycingular.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  147. Mar 29 12:23:25 <msalzberg>     and the files would stick around even if you made a single line change to them
  148. Mar 29 12:23:30 <grippi_>       Ok back
  149. Mar 29 12:23:33 <msalzberg>     then you had two version of some files
  150. Mar 29 12:23:38 <raven24>       ok I see ... that's unfortunate
  151. Mar 29 12:23:42 <msalzberg>     neither which git thought was the saem
  152. Mar 29 12:23:44 <denniscollective>      when people are working on the same thing on different branches there will be problems
  153. Mar 29 12:23:47 <denniscollective>      git helps
  154. Mar 29 12:23:47 <msalzberg>     it think its the nature of the refactor
  155. Mar 29 12:24:01 <denniscollective>      but when you have two branches that are three weeks apart from each other and master
  156. Mar 29 12:24:06 <denniscollective>      you have a problem
  157. Mar 29 12:24:09 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, that can be a nightmare.
  158. Mar 29 12:24:26 <denniscollective>      that's why we merged the posting stuff in, but feature flagged it, so the new code is out, but the new feature isn't
  159. Mar 29 12:24:31 <msalzberg>     with that being said, we are trying something new for the framer feature we are moving on
  160. Mar 29 12:24:31 <msalzberg>     yes
  161. Mar 29 12:24:34 <msalzberg>     feature flags
  162. Mar 29 12:24:37 <denniscollective>      cause it's not done, but in master master.
  163. Mar 29 12:24:41 <stevenh512>    yeah I can't imagine the merge conflicts that had to be resolved to get that all into master.. lol
  164. Mar 29 12:24:51 <denniscollective>      lulz
  165. Mar 29 12:24:55 <raven24>       I think feature flag is a good way to manage that sort of thing
  166. Mar 29 12:24:55 <msalzberg>     stevenh512: it was bad, but not as bad as I thought
  167. Mar 29 12:25:12 <msalzberg>     yeah, that way our WIP code is in master faster
  168. Mar 29 12:25:24 <msalzberg>     which hopefully will also be good for people making pull requests
  169. Mar 29 12:25:43 <msalzberg>     they can know the things we are working on, which will hopefully reduce duplicate effort
  170. Mar 29 12:25:43 <diasp> can we avoid WIP in the master branch? ;-)
  171. Mar 29 12:25:50 <denniscollective>      no
  172. Mar 29 12:25:55 <raven24>       :)
  173. Mar 29 12:26:00 <grippi_>       diasp: We want to keep everything in master
  174. Mar 29 12:26:01 <denniscollective>      I wish we could
  175. Mar 29 12:26:10 <grippi_>       Errr... Most things
  176. Mar 29 12:26:15 <grippi_>       Less conflicts
  177. Mar 29 12:26:18 <msalzberg>     as much as possible
  178. Mar 29 12:26:22 <denniscollective>      If you feature flag it (like we did), the effect should be minimal
  179. Mar 29 12:26:26 <msalzberg>     yeah that means we spend the most time getting shit done
  180. Mar 29 12:26:34 <msalzberg>     and less time getting synced up
  181. Mar 29 12:26:37 <diasp> ok
  182. Mar 29 12:26:39 <grippi_>       And we can do some awesome reactors along the way
  183. Mar 29 12:26:50 <raven24>       hopefully no nuclear ones
  184. Mar 29 12:26:50 <grippi_>       Without dealing with switching back and forth to master
  185. Mar 29 12:26:55 <grippi_>       And rebasing our feature branches
  186. Mar 29 12:27:02 <grippi_>       raven24: Indeed
  187. Mar 29 12:27:15 <grippi_>       The new composer is pretty compartmentalized.
  188. Mar 29 12:27:20 <denniscollective>      raven24: hopefully some nuclear ones.
  189. Mar 29 12:27:39 <denniscollective>      Justin BRBers, moar coffee.
  190. Mar 29 12:27:40 <msalzberg>     asset pipeline is hopefully an exception
  191. Mar 29 12:27:44 <grippi_>       And available for everyone to poke around with on their dev boxes
  192. Mar 29 12:27:47 <grippi_>       Which is always a good thing
  193. Mar 29 12:27:55 *       stevenh512 needs more coffee too
  194. Mar 29 12:28:04 <raven24>       it really depends on the size of the change
  195. Mar 29 12:28:07 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, I'm looking at playing with the new stuff sometime today. Should be fun.
  196. Mar 29 12:28:13 <DeadSuperHero> :)
  197. Mar 29 12:28:28 <msalzberg>     so in our feature flagged code
  198. Mar 29 12:28:30 <grippi_>       DeadSuperHero: Yeah, it's pretty rad
  199. Mar 29 12:28:37 <msalzberg>     which is just feature flagged for production ENVs
  200. Mar 29 12:28:37 <grippi_>       And gonna be super sweet when it's finished!
  201. Mar 29 12:28:41 <DeadSuperHero> :D
  202. Mar 29 12:28:51 <msalzberg>     grippi: tell us a bit moar?
  203. Mar 29 12:29:02 <grippi_>       I like having those fancy new presenters in master
  204. Mar 29 12:29:06 <grippi_>       Huh?
  205. Mar 29 12:29:08 *       joux (~till@f052128112.adsl.alicedsl.de) has left #diaspora-meeting ("Leaving.")
  206. Mar 29 12:29:19 <grippi_>       I'm underscored on the iPad
  207. Mar 29 12:29:30 <DeadSuperHero> It happens.
  208. Mar 29 12:29:37 <grippi_>       So it goes
  209. Mar 29 12:29:56 <stevenh512>    btw I'm still seeing missing fixtures and/or routes in the Jasmine tests for some reason.. posted an issue on the repo with the relevant errors I'm seeing in firebug in case anyone has any insight into that :)
  210. Mar 29 12:29:56 <grippi_>       I still need to FaceTime stwf_
  211. Mar 29 12:29:57 <grippi_>       *nudge*
  212. Mar 29 12:30:14 <grippi_>       Sweet, thanks stevenh512 !
  213. Mar 29 12:30:21 <DeadSuperHero> How's the new Publisher stuff coming?
  214. Mar 29 12:30:22 <msalzberg>     stevenh512: interesting, I see a couple of specs broken
  215. Mar 29 12:30:23 <stwf_> lol yes I got it grippi_ but I'm already at war with verizon
  216. Mar 29 12:30:31 <grippi_>       Yay!
  217. Mar 29 12:30:40 <grippi_>       Dude, I'm AT&T for life
  218. Mar 29 12:30:41 <msalzberg>     but nothing like you are desribing
  219. Mar 29 12:30:43 <msalzberg>     ok
  220. Mar 29 12:30:48 <msalzberg>     back on topic yo
  221. Mar 29 12:30:50 <grippi_>       Kk
  222. Mar 29 12:30:54 <grippi_>       Good call
  223. Mar 29 12:30:54 <stevenh512>    I see 7 specs failing, but if the fixtures/routes issue is fixed they should all be green
  224. Mar 29 12:31:15 <msalzberg>     stevenh512: interesting, ill try to look at that today
  225. Mar 29 12:31:17 <raven24>       stevenh512: could that be because of the stubbing/mocking
  226. Mar 29 12:31:30 <raven24>       or are those actual errors that didn't happen before
  227. Mar 29 12:31:48 <msalzberg>     yeah i guess jasmine guts could have gotten updated
  228. Mar 29 12:32:02 <raven24>       nice new jasmine ui bt
  229. Mar 29 12:32:04 <raven24>       *btw
  230. Mar 29 12:32:04 <grippi_>       Yeah, I wanna patch new jasmine
  231. Mar 29 12:32:13 <grippi_>       But that's another discussion for later
  232. Mar 29 12:32:15 <stevenh512>    they didn't happen before I updated jasmine
  233. Mar 29 12:32:24 <msalzberg>     stevenh512: interesting
  234. Mar 29 12:32:27 <msalzberg>     good data point
  235. Mar 29 12:32:28 <grippi_>       Hmm
  236. Mar 29 12:32:31 <grippi_>       Strange
  237. Mar 29 12:32:39 <stevenh512>    but they also didn't happen without the asset pipeline, which the jasmine update was needed for :)
  238. Mar 29 12:32:47 <msalzberg>     yeah
  239. Mar 29 12:32:47 <msalzberg>     hrm
  240. Mar 29 12:32:51 <msalzberg>     well, we can solve it!
  241. Mar 29 12:33:04 <denniscollective>      I think there are only three jasmine tests failing right now
  242. Mar 29 12:33:06 <msalzberg>     oh, also worth mentioning necromancer got spark working-ish?
  243. Mar 29 12:33:19 <raven24>       what does that do?
  244. Mar 29 12:33:22 <msalzberg>     maybe he is here here, but not here
  245. Mar 29 12:33:24 <sarahmei>      Dude msalzberg going all Dora the explorer on us
  246. Mar 29 12:33:37 <grippi_>       Haha
  247. Mar 29 12:33:46 <denniscollective>      I turned debug off on the asset pipeline, cause it made every request take an extra 4 seconds, and I think was causing extra cucumber failures, so all of it is concatenated into one file, which I think is standard
  248. Mar 29 12:33:47 <sarahmei>      We can solve it if we just work together! :)
  249. Mar 29 12:33:57 <denniscollective>      especially when you have hella files (like we do)
  250. Mar 29 12:34:02 <msalzberg>     yeah
  251. Mar 29 12:34:11 <grippi_>       Brb getting off the bus...
  252. Mar 29 12:34:15 <grippi_>       Should be back soon
  253. Mar 29 12:34:20 <raven24>       sarahmei: bob the builder?
  254. Mar 29 12:34:21 <DeadSuperHero> That's what we call dedication.
  255. Mar 29 12:34:29 <DeadSuperHero> IRC on a bus.
  256. Mar 29 12:34:31 <msalzberg>     part of our final cleanup, maybe we don't want one main.js, but we should worry about that till after it all owrks
  257. Mar 29 12:34:37 <grippi_>       ON LTE
  258. Mar 29 12:34:40 <grippi_>       HELL YES
  259. Mar 29 12:34:53 <msalzberg>     another thing after we get these bugs sorted
  260. Mar 29 12:34:57 <msalzberg>     is unifying out bootstrap stuff
  261. Mar 29 12:35:01 <msalzberg>     and using a bootstrap gem
  262. Mar 29 12:35:04 *       denniscollective has quit (Quit: denniscollective)
  263. Mar 29 12:35:14 <msalzberg>     that will eliminate a bunch of vender duplication
  264. Mar 29 12:35:20 <DeadSuperHero> That'd be cool. I think we're looking at using Bootstrap-Sass?
  265. Mar 29 12:35:26 <msalzberg>     yeah, maybe
  266. Mar 29 12:35:28 <diasp> cool I'd like to push the mobile site
  267. Mar 29 12:35:32 <msalzberg>     stevenh512: was looking into it mostly
  268. Mar 29 12:35:42 <msalzberg>     diasp: meaning you got it working?
  269. Mar 29 12:35:49 *       denniscollective (~dennis@75-101-111-130.dedicated.static.sonic.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  270. Mar 29 12:35:51 <stevenh512>    msalzberg: that part should actually be pretty easy, with my first attempt at bootstrap-sass I didn't see too many things that relied on older versions of Bootstrap
  271. Mar 29 12:36:00 <diasp> no I'll start with messages on mobile site
  272. Mar 29 12:36:12 <DeadSuperHero> That'd be pretty cool.
  273. Mar 29 12:36:13 <raven24>       btw. are we commited to sass or would scss be ok, too?
  274. Mar 29 12:36:18 <diasp> after notification ;-)
  275. Mar 29 12:36:20 <msalzberg>     scss is prefered actually
  276. Mar 29 12:36:26 <msalzberg>     sass= old skool
  277. Mar 29 12:36:35 <msalzberg>     if you wanted to convert sass=> scss
  278. Mar 29 12:36:38 <msalzberg>     id pull that ;)
  279. Mar 29 12:36:48 <raven24>       noted
  280. Mar 29 12:36:53 <stevenh512>    that's as easy as running sass-convert :)
  281. Mar 29 12:36:53 <msalzberg>     death to sass, long live scss!
  282. Mar 29 12:36:57 <msalzberg>     yeah
  283. Mar 29 12:37:01 <denniscollective>      I want this to live on the record: all diaspora commiters must watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1c2KzJbcGA
  284. Mar 29 12:37:02 *       msalzberg is lazy
  285. Mar 29 12:37:15 <msalzberg>     ok
  286. Mar 29 12:37:19 <msalzberg>     don't click it!
  287. Mar 29 12:37:20 *       denniscollective is pensive
  288. Mar 29 12:37:23 <denniscollective>      click!
  289. Mar 29 12:37:24 <DeadSuperHero> Too late. :(
  290. Mar 29 12:37:24 *       stevenh512 can't use youtube
  291. Mar 29 12:37:31 <raven24>       omg
  292. Mar 29 12:37:32 <denniscollective>      best song evar
  293. Mar 29 12:37:35 <denniscollective>             
  294. Mar 29 12:37:40 <msalzberg>     ok
  295. Mar 29 12:37:43 <msalzberg>     moooooving on
  296. Mar 29 12:37:47 <sarahmei>      Can't pairing
  297. Mar 29 12:37:47 <denniscollective>      partyu
  298. Mar 29 12:37:53 <msalzberg>     lol
  299. Mar 29 12:37:58 <diasp> federation?
  300. Mar 29 12:38:12 <sfs>   yea, lets talk about federation a bit
  301. Mar 29 12:38:14 <denniscollective>      I'm a dance floor tiger lady touching everything she has
  302. Mar 29 12:38:24 <msalzberg>     not really that much to report, I've been doing all of these refactoring
  303. Mar 29 12:38:37 <denniscollective>      small refactorings that haven't changed the api
  304. Mar 29 12:38:39 <denniscollective>      or functionality
  305. Mar 29 12:38:41 <msalzberg>     its funny because we wanted to like give people a huge before notice that we were going to change it
  306. Mar 29 12:38:43 <denniscollective>      but have made the code clearer
  307. Mar 29 12:38:56 <stwf_> Will Rails 3.2.x be a target for beta?
  308. Mar 29 12:38:56 <msalzberg>     but now rather than people being like "THEY DIDNT TELL US THEY WERE GOING TO CHANGE IT"
  309. Mar 29 12:39:00 <denniscollective>      we want to get to federation soon, but it's not priority number one
  310. Mar 29 12:39:10 <denniscollective>      we were telling people it will change soon
  311. Mar 29 12:39:13 <DeadSuperHero> We've got a few things to tackle before we get to that. :)
  312. Mar 29 12:39:20 <msalzberg>     yeah we want to get these features out the door, and i think some of them are going to drive the changes we want
  313. Mar 29 12:39:33 <denniscollective>      Rails 3.2 is a target, it's not a "business requirement", but it'd be nice to have for devs
  314. Mar 29 12:39:38 <msalzberg>     functionality always drives federation
  315. Mar 29 12:39:41 <msalzberg>     yeah
  316. Mar 29 12:39:46 <msalzberg>     being behind is crappy
  317. Mar 29 12:39:46 <denniscollective>      users don't care if we're on Rails 3.2 or django 1.4
  318. Mar 29 12:39:53 <DeadSuperHero> loldjango
  319. Mar 29 12:39:57 <denniscollective>      so we're thinking of beta in terms of what users want/need
  320. Mar 29 12:39:58 <stwf_> nor should they
  321. Mar 29 12:40:06 <msalzberg>     yes,
  322. Mar 29 12:40:11 <msalzberg>     but nerd maxwell wants rails 3.2
  323. Mar 29 12:40:17 <stevenh512>    lol
  324. Mar 29 12:40:26 <DeadSuperHero> In due time, hopefully we'll get up to 3.2.
  325. Mar 29 12:40:29 <msalzberg>     yeah
  326. Mar 29 12:40:31 <DeadSuperHero> But first, we must get to 3.1
  327. Mar 29 12:40:34 <DeadSuperHero> :P
  328. Mar 29 12:40:35 <msalzberg>     it won't be six months
  329. Mar 29 12:40:40 <msalzberg>     well we are there
  330. Mar 29 12:40:43 <sarahmei>      Being up to date makes it faster to add features
  331. Mar 29 12:40:47 <msalzberg>     yeah
  332. Mar 29 12:40:53 <denniscollective>      should be moar easier after we get everything on three one working
  333. Mar 29 12:41:00 <denniscollective>      lulz, 3.1, 3.2, 4
  334. Mar 29 12:41:13 <msalzberg>     yeah rails 4 is gonna be awesome
  335. Mar 29 12:41:19 <msalzberg>     1.9.3 required!
  336. Mar 29 12:41:20 <raven24>       would you mind making a "last-3.0" tag or something?
  337. Mar 29 12:41:35 <msalzberg>     yeah we can do that
  338. Mar 29 12:41:59 <christophe_wk3>        may i switch the topic before this chat turns into programmer porn (:
  339. Mar 29 12:42:11 <DeadSuperHero> Already on it. ;)
  340. Mar 29 12:42:15 <DeadSuperHero> Moving along.
  341. Mar 29 12:42:31 <DeadSuperHero> We've got some cool stuff going on with our dev community that I'd like to bring up really quick.
  342. Mar 29 12:42:41 <denniscollective>      christophe_wk3: this talk is supposed to be pr0n
  343. Mar 29 12:43:00 <DeadSuperHero> First and foremost, we've brought back the BugMash, diasp has already gotten on the ball and contributed a pull request :)
  344. Mar 29 12:43:08 <denniscollective>      http://blog.chron.com/techblog/files/2012/02/trs80-gg.jpg
  345. Mar 29 12:43:12 <diasp> a small one ;-)
  346. Mar 29 12:43:18 <DeadSuperHero> Still. :)
  347. Mar 29 12:43:36 *       grippi__ (~grippi@mobile-166-205-138-221.mycingular.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  348. Mar 29 12:43:39 <DeadSuperHero> So, feel free to checkout the Devblog and see if there's some small bug that you'd like to help with. We've brought a few new intermediate bugs into the mix.
  349. Mar 29 12:43:51 <DeadSuperHero> We try and provide a little something for everyone with it.
  350. Mar 29 12:44:08 <DeadSuperHero> And more importantly, as the new BugMash mentions, and we're pretty excited about this
  351. Mar 29 12:44:13 <DeadSuperHero> We've got a developer feature wishlist!
  352. Mar 29 12:44:28 <DeadSuperHero> https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/wiki/Developer-Feature-Wishlist
  353. Mar 29 12:44:36 <DeadSuperHero> You can check it out up there ^
  354. Mar 29 12:44:36 *       grippi_ has quit (Quit: grippi_)
  355. Mar 29 12:44:40 <diasp> thx
  356. Mar 29 12:44:57 <denniscollective>      lulz no moar grippi
  357. Mar 29 12:45:09 *       grippi__ has quit (Client Quit)
  358. Mar 29 12:45:12 <DeadSuperHero> Some of the items are already marked as being "In Progress", and we've got some pretty good headstarts on things community devs area already working on
  359. Mar 29 12:45:21 <diasp> sort by priority?
  360. Mar 29 12:45:48 <DeadSuperHero> They're all kind of at an equal priority, they're just things we'd really like to see that we think will help everyone in the long run.
  361. Mar 29 12:46:14 <DeadSuperHero> But we encourage community devs to work together on some of these, if more than one person wants to take a stab at something.
  362. Mar 29 12:46:41 <DeadSuperHero> I think it could lead to some inroads to some pretty great improvements.
  363. Mar 29 12:46:44 <msalzberg>     also worth noting, the contract with these is that if you work at one
  364. Mar 29 12:46:57 <msalzberg>     I promise that you will get our attention and help in making it into master
  365. Mar 29 12:47:03 <DeadSuperHero> <3
  366. Mar 29 12:47:10 <msalzberg>     whenever, whereever
  367. Mar 29 12:47:33 <DeadSuperHero> We've already got like 5 of them in progress.
  368. Mar 29 12:47:43 *       grippi has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
  369. Mar 29 12:47:44 <DeadSuperHero> Of course, right now they're just mostly at discussion stages
  370. Mar 29 12:47:46 <DeadSuperHero> but hey, still.
  371. Mar 29 12:47:52 *       dmorley_ (~dmorley@intrepidls-4.border2.sea.pnap.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  372. Mar 29 12:48:01 <DeadSuperHero> It's good to see ideas being bounced around about best implementation and the best way to go about doing things.
  373. Mar 29 12:48:13 <stwf_> In general the uploaded image handling has always bothered me, although I haven't looked at it in a while...
  374. Mar 29 12:48:24 <msalzberg>     stwf_: actually
  375. Mar 29 12:48:31 <msalzberg>     we are working on fixing that right now
  376. Mar 29 12:48:46 <msalzberg>     the new framer has a new mechinizim for ajax file uploads
  377. Mar 29 12:48:55 <stevenh512>    nice
  378. Mar 29 12:49:00 <msalzberg>     and has a nice JS harness to control the behavior of how that works
  379. Mar 29 12:49:05 *       huasd45 has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
  380. Mar 29 12:49:06 <msalzberg>     we are using a gem called remotipart
  381. Mar 29 12:49:22 <msalzberg>     its pretty ok, although we have had a couple of weird things with it
  382. Mar 29 12:49:59 <msalzberg>     hmm my attempt at tagging failed
  383. Mar 29 12:50:05 <stwf_> I think it might be useful to have each user be able to specify and AWS or other data source for  themselves
  384. Mar 29 12:51:03 <msalzberg>     thats an interesting feature
  385. Mar 29 12:51:09 <msalzberg>     open photo does that
  386. Mar 29 12:51:16 <stevenh512>    yeah, but wouldn't they have to give the pod their aws credentials for that?
  387. Mar 29 12:51:21 <msalzberg>     yeah
  388. Mar 29 12:51:26 <msalzberg>     or dropbox authorization
  389. Mar 29 12:51:26 <raven24>       stwf_: but how is it really different from hotlinking images with markdown
  390. Mar 29 12:51:39 <stevenh512>    plus, how many end-users (think facebook and twitter users) have aws accounts? dropbox would be more likely
  391. Mar 29 12:51:44 <msalzberg>     yeah
  392. Mar 29 12:51:54 <msalzberg>     part of me wants to do what we are doing with emails
  393. Mar 29 12:52:08 <stwf_> true, it isn't but if I wanted to be able to upload right to d*, ahve it store my photo albums
  394. Mar 29 12:52:10 <msalzberg>     strip images down to their core, back to basics, and build it back up
  395. Mar 29 12:52:19 <msalzberg>     the whole setup is not the most elegant part of the codebase
  396. Mar 29 12:52:25 <stwf_> last I looked everthing went into one images directory
  397. Mar 29 12:52:39 <stwf_> even images that got uploaded, but the post was never made
  398. Mar 29 12:52:46 <raven24>       yeah, that's not very nice
  399. Mar 29 12:53:01 <msalzberg>     well, in order to display it in the preview, you have to actually upload it
  400. Mar 29 12:53:16 <msalzberg>     there are some bleeding edge browser JS things
  401. Mar 29 12:53:24 <msalzberg>     but they are not very standardized
  402. Mar 29 12:53:24 <stwf_> yeah that should go to a temp directory that could be cleaned out periodically
  403. Mar 29 12:53:59 <DeadSuperHero> Possibly, that's not a bad suggestion, I think.
  404. Mar 29 12:54:09 <msalzberg>     yeah i think its more about adding complexity
  405. Mar 29 12:54:17 <msalzberg>     could be a good suggestion for carrier wave upstream maybe?
  406. Mar 29 12:54:30 <denniscollective>      DAN GRIPPI IS ON FIRE!
  407. Mar 29 12:54:34 <DeadSuperHero> Oh no.
  408. Mar 29 12:54:35 <denniscollective>      (true story)
  409. Mar 29 12:54:59 <denniscollective>      Or he just got here and was talking about being on the bus and there being a fire, now he's in the bathroom.
  410. Mar 29 12:55:03 <DeadSuperHero> :P
  411. Mar 29 12:55:05 <denniscollective>      He'll tell us after, I'm sure.
  412. Mar 29 12:55:07 <denniscollective>      I'm sure.
  413. Mar 29 12:55:10 <msalzberg>     ok, whats next
  414. Mar 29 12:55:12 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, another thing that we've had going on
  415. Mar 29 12:55:16 <DeadSuperHero> Developer Survey
  416. Mar 29 12:55:31 <DeadSuperHero> I'm putting together a community report focusing on developer contributions, how we work with code etc etc
  417. Mar 29 12:55:50 <DeadSuperHero> If you're a developer that's contributed or WANTS to contribute to Diaspora, please fill out the survey here: https://docs.google.com/a/joindiaspora.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE9FOVJsckZNX05zd3M5cTZ3WG1ORkE6MQ
  418. Mar 29 12:55:51 <raven24>       great! really interested in that
  419. Mar 29 12:55:59 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, it's coming along pretty well.
  420. Mar 29 12:56:01 *       grippi (~grippi@75-101-111-130.dedicated.static.sonic.net) has joined #diaspora-meeting
  421. Mar 29 12:56:09 <DeadSuperHero> The survey will be closed on Saturday, after running for a full week.
  422. Mar 29 12:56:12 <DeadSuperHero> This Saturday, I mean.
  423. Mar 29 12:56:23 <DeadSuperHero> And I'll probably push out the community report sometime next week.
  424. Mar 29 12:56:24 <grippi>        Extinguished the flames, and now I'm actually back
  425. Mar 29 12:57:21 <DeadSuperHero> It'll be cool to showcase some of our community stats and give people the opportunity to see how much progress is being made, in terms of numbers.
  426. Mar 29 12:57:32 <msalzberg>     its also important feedback for us
  427. Mar 29 12:57:37 <DeadSuperHero> Absolutely.
  428. Mar 29 12:57:49 <sfs>   very interesting!
  429. Mar 29 12:57:50 <msalzberg>     i feel like we are doing a better job making it easier for people to contribute in meaningful and helpful ways
  430. Mar 29 12:57:54 <DeadSuperHero> The better we can assess developer needs, the better we can Get Stuff Done
  431. Mar 29 12:57:58 <DeadSuperHero> Me too.
  432. Mar 29 12:58:00 <msalzberg>     but it would be good to have some gauges for oursevles
  433. Mar 29 12:58:21 <stevenh512>    msalzberg: for sure, everyone I've talked to has been really helpful
  434. Mar 29 12:58:53 <DeadSuperHero> And that's what community is all about: people helping people.
  435. Mar 29 12:59:18 <msalzberg>     DeadSuperHero: we have totally ran over, but is there something else you wanted to make sure we talked about?
  436. Mar 29 12:59:39 <DeadSuperHero> Nope! The only thing left is to address any community questions at this time.
  437. Mar 29 12:59:45 <christophe_wk3>        I'd like to ask someone about database indexes
  438. Mar 29 12:59:50 <msalzberg>     sure
  439. Mar 29 12:59:56 <msalzberg>     hopefully I can be helpful
  440. Mar 29 12:59:58 <msalzberg>     :P
  441. Mar 29 13:00:00 <sfs>   I have a small question as well
  442. Mar 29 13:00:03 <sfs>   afterwards
  443. Mar 29 13:00:07 <msalzberg>     cool
  444. Mar 29 13:00:24 <msalzberg>     christophe_wk3: shoot!
  445. Mar 29 13:00:25 <christophe_wk3>        Is there a reason why there are no indexes on the participations table?
  446. Mar 29 13:00:36 <msalzberg>     nope :)
  447. Mar 29 13:00:42 <grippi>        Good catch!
  448. Mar 29 13:00:42 <msalzberg>     sounds like their should be
  449. Mar 29 13:00:45 <christophe_wk3>        The missing index seems to cause about 70% of the database load atm
  450. Mar 29 13:00:49 <msalzberg>     lol!
  451. Mar 29 13:00:51 <msalzberg>     awesome
  452. Mar 29 13:00:54 <DeadSuperHero> Oh jeez, yeah.
  453. Mar 29 13:00:54 <denniscollective>      glamour!
  454. Mar 29 13:01:03 <grippi>        Wanna submit a pull request?
  455. Mar 29 13:01:06 <msalzberg>     OPEN SOURCE FTW
  456. Mar 29 13:01:07 <grippi>        :) :)
  457. Mar 29 13:01:16 <grippi>        <3
  458. Mar 29 13:01:16 <denniscollective>      grippi was all like dude, make an index, and i was like, no, and now I was wrong and christophe_wk3 is saving the day yay!
  459. Mar 29 13:01:40 <msalzberg>     christophe_wk3: does that answer your question?
  460. Mar 29 13:01:41 <christophe_wk3>        kk, I'll look into it and send you a pull request
  461. Mar 29 13:01:42 <grippi>        EXCUSE ME, BUT I DON'T RECALL THAT EVER HAPPENING
  462. Mar 29 13:01:47 <grippi>        yay thx!
  463. Mar 29 13:02:02 <christophe_wk3>        and I found some tables with duplicate indexes
  464. Mar 29 13:02:10 <msalzberg>     yes, that is a truth
  465. Mar 29 13:02:10 <grippi>        Ooch
  466. Mar 29 13:02:19 <msalzberg>     we need to purge some stuff
  467. Mar 29 13:02:20 <msalzberg>     also around share_visibliteis
  468. Mar 29 13:02:31 <msalzberg>     it would be good, maybe in an email, to document all the extra stuff we think we have?
  469. Mar 29 13:02:38 <msalzberg>     if nothing else, to get it in a sane place
  470. Mar 29 13:02:39 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, hit up the Dev list.
  471. Mar 29 13:02:49 <msalzberg>     then we can schedule the migrations to fix the stuff?
  472. Mar 29 13:02:57 <DeadSuperHero> Sounds like a plan.
  473. Mar 29 13:03:00 <grippi>        That would be great
  474. Mar 29 13:03:02 <msalzberg>     the participations index should be ASAP
  475. Mar 29 13:03:03 <grippi>        Wood
  476. Mar 29 13:03:07 <msalzberg>     LOL
  477. Mar 29 13:03:10 <grippi>        *wooo
  478. Mar 29 13:03:15 <grippi>        Lololl
  479. Mar 29 13:03:17 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, any other questions?
  480. Mar 29 13:03:19 <msalzberg>     hella wood yo
  481. Mar 29 13:03:25 <msalzberg>     yes sfs had one
  482. Mar 29 13:03:27 <grippi>        Dude, HR
  483. Mar 29 13:03:27 <sfs>   Sorry if this was discussed a lot before, but could somebody fill me in on compatibility with OStatus very quickly? We use all that stuff but is it compatible with others? Or point me somewhere/give me a link on that?
  484. Mar 29 13:03:28 <christophe_wk3>        it's 8 pm here so i don't know if i'll make it today
  485. Mar 29 13:03:42 <grippi>        christophe_wk3: No biggie
  486. Mar 29 13:03:44 <msalzberg>     christophe_wk3: no worries,
  487. Mar 29 13:04:08 <msalzberg>     sfs: I think you can follow diaspora users on ostatus sites
  488. Mar 29 13:04:14 <msalzberg>     estates is for public content
  489. Mar 29 13:04:17 <msalzberg>     *ostatus
  490. Mar 29 13:04:18 <DeadSuperHero> I can confirm that.
  491. Mar 29 13:04:21 <grippi>        denniscollective: please don't edit the transcript
  492. Mar 29 13:04:27 <DeadSuperHero> I'm able to follow my D* profile from a StatusNet instance.
  493. Mar 29 13:04:30 <denniscollective>      y not lulz?
  494. Mar 29 13:04:30 <msalzberg>     yeah
  495. Mar 29 13:04:36 <denniscollective>      revisionist history is awesome!
  496. Mar 29 13:04:41 <msalzberg>     denniscollective: grippi  shhh
  497. Mar 29 13:04:49 <grippi>        Lololol
  498. Mar 29 13:04:56 <sfs>   oh ok, thanks!
  499. Mar 29 13:05:04 <denniscollective>      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFJ8cHAlco
  500. Mar 29 13:05:09 <raven24>       sfs: I'm mirroring my public atom feed on identi.ca
  501. Mar 29 13:05:10 <msalzberg>     basically, being able to follow someones stuff is pretty easy to keep up with
  502. Mar 29 13:05:20 <msalzberg>     i don't see that breaking any time soon
  503. Mar 29 13:05:25 *       denniscollective is now known as al_gore
  504. Mar 29 13:05:26 <DeadSuperHero> It'd be cool to get OStatus to follow from the other way around, but I have no idea the amount of work that would go into that.
  505. Mar 29 13:05:28 <msalzberg>     unless a stupid bug
  506. Mar 29 13:05:31 <sfs>   but is it only the feed that's interoperable?
  507. Mar 29 13:05:32 <DeadSuperHero> eg following statusnet from D*
  508. Mar 29 13:05:35 <al_gore>       I invented diaspora
  509. Mar 29 13:05:38 <DeadSuperHero> XD
  510. Mar 29 13:05:50 <stevenh512>    lol
  511. Mar 29 13:05:54 <raven24>       rofl
  512. Mar 29 13:06:03 *       grippi is now known as Oprah
  513. Mar 29 13:06:14 <DeadSuperHero> Oh lordy.
  514. Mar 29 13:06:22 <Oprah> al_gore: What's you're take on that?
  515. Mar 29 13:06:26 <DeadSuperHero> *your
  516. Mar 29 13:06:41 <al_gore>       Well, I'm really excited to have you using my network, oprah.
  517. Mar 29 13:06:44 <msalzberg>     sfs: its a fair amount of work, we will do it if makes sense, but right now we are trying to focus on making it really awesome to post and share your  stuff where you want
  518. Mar 29 13:06:48 <Oprah> Grammar means nothing to oprah
  519. Mar 29 13:06:57 <Oprah> It's not on my favorite things list for this year
  520. Mar 29 13:07:30 <msalzberg>     when following others public stuff comes into the scope of that we will look at what we have do to make it work
  521. Mar 29 13:07:30 <sfs>   I see, was just interested what already is working
  522. Mar 29 13:07:51 <msalzberg>     yeah
  523. Mar 29 13:07:59 <raven24>       one observation: the bugtracker would need some love
  524. Mar 29 13:08:02 *       Oprah is now known as grippi
  525. Mar 29 13:08:12 <msalzberg>     github bugtracker?
  526. Mar 29 13:08:15 <raven24>       jup
  527. Mar 29 13:08:38 <msalzberg>     yeah, well any help would be appreciated.
  528. Mar 29 13:08:45 <DeadSuperHero> I'll sort through it today.
  529. Mar 29 13:08:47 <DeadSuperHero> :)
  530. Mar 29 13:08:52 <DeadSuperHero> Anyone is welcome to join in, of course.
  531. Mar 29 13:08:54 <msalzberg>     it would be good if we could think of a decent way to have people just pick off bugs without it being in BMM
  532. Mar 29 13:09:03 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, definitely.
  533. Mar 29 13:09:03 <msalzberg>     although BMM does ensure that it will get pulled in
  534. Mar 29 13:09:04 *       al_gore is now known as denniscollective
  535. Mar 29 13:09:05 <grippi>        Thx DeadSuperHero
  536. Mar 29 13:09:21 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, well are there any more questions?
  537. Mar 29 13:09:31 <raven24>       waht's BMM
  538. Mar 29 13:09:35 <DeadSuperHero> Bug Mash Monday!
  539. Mar 29 13:09:41 <raven24>       aaah
  540. Mar 29 13:09:41 <sfs>   ahh :)
  541. Mar 29 13:09:43 <DeadSuperHero> It's that weekly bug triaging thing we do on the devblog
  542. Mar 29 13:09:52 <msalzberg>     we should also talk about, maybe on the mailing list
  543. Mar 29 13:09:59 <DeadSuperHero> Definitely.
  544. Mar 29 13:10:02 <msalzberg>     how we can crowd source the bugs we pick for the week
  545. Mar 29 13:10:16 <msalzberg>     maybe DeadSuperHero could help triage that
  546. Mar 29 13:10:20 <DeadSuperHero> It'd be cool if maybe some devs could buddy up on some of the bigger bugs.
  547. Mar 29 13:10:35 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, seriously, if anyone wants to try and take down a big bug with some help, talk to me about it.
  548. Mar 29 13:10:45 <DeadSuperHero> Hit up the mailing list and I'll try and sort you out!
  549. Mar 29 13:11:08 <DeadSuperHero> Dev list, specifically.
  550. Mar 29 13:11:28 <msalzberg>     yeah, and feel free to chime in on any feature request that you might be interesting in helping in on
  551. Mar 29 13:11:36 <msalzberg>     even if someone claimed it, maybe they want help
  552. Mar 29 13:11:37 <DeadSuperHero> More help = more things done.
  553. Mar 29 13:11:43 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah for sure.
  554. Mar 29 13:11:51 <grippi>        Truth.
  555. Mar 29 13:11:54 <msalzberg>     DeadSuperHero: is going to try to get a little task force working to get the branding pack in
  556. Mar 29 13:11:55 <stevenh512>    yeah, some of those features are easy.. but some are going to probably be a group effort
  557. Mar 29 13:11:55 <DeadSuperHero> One thing to make clear: just because something is claimed doesn't always mean a dev wants to work on it by themselves.
  558. Mar 29 13:12:02 <msalzberg>     ^^
  559. Mar 29 13:12:02 <raven24>       oh and we are nearing 3000 closed issues
  560. Mar 29 13:12:03 <DeadSuperHero> msalzberg, yep, I'm working on that this week!
  561. Mar 29 13:12:32 <msalzberg>     ok
  562. Mar 29 13:12:36 <msalzberg>     anything else?
  563. Mar 29 13:12:49 <msalzberg>     thx raven24 stevenh512 christophe_wk3 sfs stwf_
  564. Mar 29 13:12:54 <DeadSuperHero> <333
  565. Mar 29 13:12:57 *       raven24 ;)
  566. Mar 29 13:12:59 <DeadSuperHero> You all have been super.
  567. Mar 29 13:13:00 <sfs>   Thanks
  568. Mar 29 13:13:03 <SlackerD>      I have a question
  569. Mar 29 13:13:03 <stwf_> thanks for keeping us in the loop!
  570. Mar 29 13:13:09 <msalzberg>     no prob
  571. Mar 29 13:13:12 <DeadSuperHero> Thanks for staying in the loop!
  572. Mar 29 13:13:19 <msalzberg>     see y'all in irc/mailing list/pull requests
  573. Mar 29 13:13:26 <SlackerD>      Chrome is having issues rendering on Slackware on my PC at home
  574. Mar 29 13:13:35 <SlackerD>      *rendering Diaspora
  575. Mar 29 13:13:37 <DeadSuperHero> Are you running the latest Chrome. SlackerD ?
  576. Mar 29 13:13:41 <DeadSuperHero> What's not rendering?
  577. Mar 29 13:13:43 <msalzberg>     ok i need to go to the office
  578. Mar 29 13:13:44 <msalzberg>     ttyl
  579. Mar 29 13:13:47 *       msalzberg has quit (Quit: zzZZZZZzzzzZ)
  580. Mar 29 13:13:47 <DeadSuperHero> seeya Max.
  581. Mar 29 13:13:58 <stwf_> bye all
  582. Mar 29 13:14:00 <SlackerD>      the full screen pages for the stati mess up
  583. Mar 29 13:14:11 *       stwf_ has quit (Quit: Linkinus - http://linkinus.com)
  584. Mar 29 13:14:11 <denniscollective>      SLACKWARE!
  585. Mar 29 13:14:17 <DeadSuperHero> Feel like filing a bug report on our GitHub issues?
  586. Mar 29 13:14:18 <DeadSuperHero> :)
  587. Mar 29 13:14:23 <SlackerD>      sure
  588. Mar 29 13:14:25 <DeadSuperHero> We can take a look at it more closely then.
  589. Mar 29 13:14:31 <stevenh512>    I remember slackware.. first linux distro I ever used :)
  590. Mar 29 13:14:31 <SlackerD>      I can do that once I get home. :)
  591. Mar 29 13:14:33 <raven24>       sreenshot!
  592. Mar 29 13:14:42 <DeadSuperHero> Yeah, screenshots are super important.
  593. Mar 29 13:14:42 <raven24>       :)
  594. Mar 29 13:14:49 <SlackerD>      that too
  595. Mar 29 13:14:54 <DeadSuperHero> Okay, well I think that about wraps up this week's CodeChat.
  596. Mar 29 13:14:58 <DeadSuperHero> Thank you all for coming!
  597. Mar 29 13:15:03 <SlackerD>      np
  598. Mar 29 13:15:13 <denniscollective>      :)
  599. Mar 29 13:15:15 <denniscollective>      THANKS!
  600. Mar 29 13:15:15 <sarahmei>      Thx all
  601. Mar 29 13:15:17 <stevenh512>    no problem, glad I didn't miss it.. I usually have trouble being online during the day lol
  602. Mar 29 13:15:20 *       sarahmei (~sarahmei@75-101-111-130.dedicated.static.sonic.net) has left #diaspora-meeting
  603. Mar 29 13:15:22 <DeadSuperHero> I'll be posting the logs in about 10 minutes or so, you'll know where to find it.
RAW Paste Data
We use cookies for various purposes including analytics. By continuing to use Pastebin, you agree to our use of cookies as described in the Cookies Policy. OK, I Understand
Not a member of Pastebin yet?
Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
 
Top