Researching Dilemma: Response
- With the whole concept of "No Free Bugs", wouldn't the scenario be much more simpler or pleasant by working it like this?
- Researcher: "Hey you guuuysss... do you have a bounty program?"
- $Company: "No, we don't do bounties, we have _professionals_...."
- Researcher: "I see, well do your professionals do bounties?"
- $Company: "What are you getting at?"
- Researcher: "You really should do bounties, I can wait a a little while, but you shouldn't."
- $Company: "It sounds like you are threatening us."
- Researcher: "Does it really? Because I'm planning on having a get together with a bunch of other folks on my findings, and we are going to go step by step on my findings, how I found my findings, how my findings are important, and how they probably should be fixed"
- $Company: "Uh, wait, what do you mean a bunch of other folks"
- Researcher: "Oh, you know, other folks that probably use this, they are most likely interested, but that's why I came to you first. But you are making it sound like you aren't interested."
- $Company: "Oh, well maybe we'll show up to this so-called get together"
- Researcher: "That'd really be a good idea; I am sure I mentioned this get together was x$USD per attendee, I can send you an email with the tiers"
- $Company: "Wait, what... I thought you just wanted to work with us to show us something and get paid for it"
- Researcher: "See, I knew you guys could speak the same language, and I honestly wanted to keep it simple. I am glad you are seeing it my way and willing to work my terms now"
- $Company: "... "
RAW Paste Data