Taking a break
TrUShade May 10th, 2018 133 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- So I wanna start off by saying, I was planning to do this pastebin after SGDQ, but honestly I feel like I need to do this now and get this off my chest.
- Lets actually start off with SGDQ first. This will probably be my last one I go to without having a run in it or other special circumstance. Like I love seeing my friends and such, but the cost is just become a bit too much for me. Maybe I will aim to go to every other SGDQ, but I can’t do everyone. I'm going to try and make this SGDQ the best one I have gone too in a long time.
- With speedrunning, I’m just not having fun with it at the moment. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that I'm going to be retiring from speedrunning. I’m just going to be taking a break from it for right now. I may still do the odd FEAR 2 or 3 run, because those are still enjoyable to me, but my stream for the most part will become more of a casual stream. I do also have a CoTM run coming up at the end of the month, so I will be practicing that and running in the marathon, but afterwards, going to be taking a break from it as well.
- With taking a break, I will still mod FEAR 2 and 3 on speedrun.com, but I will be reliving myself from modding the KDL leaderboards. I personally do not feel like I am qualified to mod the board and with EBC coming in, the KDL leaderboard will have a great mod in him. I 100% back him in being a great mod for the leaderboards. Also I will be removing myself from the Kirby discord as I don’t feel like I am much needed there any more.
- I have also removed myself from other discords as well. If I left your discord, please do not take offense, it wasn’t you, it was me. I’m not a fan of big discords, I enjoy the smaller ones and even then, if I feel out of place, I don’t like staying for long.
- How long will the break from speedrunning be? I honestly couldn’t tell you. I just need to have a break and if it is a few months or even a year we will see how I feel. Personally I am looking forward to Bloodstained when it releases. Maybe if it is fun to play, it might be my return to speedruns.
- I am very grateful for the people I have met through speedrunning, but I just need to take it easy for now.
- Thanks for reading this all.
- TL; DR. Taking an indefinite leave from speedrunning. SGDQ may be every other year.
RAW Paste Data