- Custom Tool Tutorial
- 1. Create a folder and name it 'Identification'
- 2. create a extensionless file and name it 'app'
- - Open 'app' with your text editor of choice
- - On line 1 write the name of the program. You can write anything here as this is cosmetic only.
- - On line 2 write a version number. Once again you can write anything.
- - On line 3 write a desciption. Can write anything.
- 3. Create a folder in the folder we just created called 'toolbar'
- - Create a 24x24px image in the 'toolbar' folder and call it icon.png. This will be the icon that show up on the toolbar.
- 4. Create a batch file (.bat) using your text editor of choice containing the full path to the program you want to run. Name it TilesetBuilder.bat. (ex: E:\Tools\Aseprite\Aseprite.exe)
- 5. Use bat2exe (http://www.bat2exe.net/) to turn said batch into something MV can find and execute. Make sure it's called TilesetBuilder.exe.
- 6. In MV open the RPG Maker MV Tools menu and press the 'Select Path...' button and navigate to the folder that contains TilesetBuilder.exe