- December 30, 2012
- Whitehouse,senate,house, etc
- Re: Do Not Support Disarmament of U.S. Citizens
- As a law abiding gun owner and citizen of this country, I ask that no more gun control be passed. The purpose of laws is to affect the law abiding and grant protection only within a system of people who fear repercussions of their actions. Those who murder in mass, who steal, and assault are not people who can be stopped by laws. Gun control only affects me –a law abiding citizen of this country. I'm not a Republican, not a Democrat, and not an NRA member. I am a U.S. Citizen, voter, and a gun owner.
- Studies from the CDC, DOJ, Harvard, National Academy of Sciences, and others have found no correlation between increased gun control and a reduction of crime. Those studies have also found that assault weapon bans do not reduce violent crime. Magazine capacity limits reduce my ability to effectively counter criminals who intend to kill me and my family.
- Despite over twenty years of declining violent crime rates, tragedy still strikes the country. Mass murders are anomalies. As said by Barack Obama:”No single law –no set of laws can eliminate evil from the world, or prevent every senseless act of violence in our society.” One might add that a knee jerk reaction against everyone but the perpetrator is not an appropriate response. No one is to be blamed for mass murders except those who perpetrate them.
- Gun control isn’t the answer. Putting cops in every school isn’t the answer, arming all teachers is not the answer –to love others while we can, and be vigilant in defending them, those are the answers. Stop glorifying people who murder through constant media attention and stop harassing families who have lost loved ones for ratings in return.
- Support my rights by not supporting their violation.
Gun Control Response Letter
a guest Dec 30th, 2012 285 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data