- BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 27/11/2015 Friday 22:50
- - Thousands of people arrive daily from Turkey to Greek islands - we are back to normal, Idomeni not good.
- - Archive of the updates: http://pastebin.com/u/michalberg
- - IDOMENI: Only Syrians, Afghans and Iraqis are allowed to enter Macedonia, up to 1500 refugees from other countries are still stuck at the border, heavy rain today, very bad situation. Many returning by buses to Athens. UNHCR and other NGOs on site providing help. If you want to volunteer, please contact email@example.com - you are welcomed and needed
- - LESVOS and other islands: around 3000 people arrived to Greek islands today. Volunteering and donation info: http://bit.ly/lesvolunteer
- - GEVGELIJA: Local activists are constantly asking for donation of crutches and wheelchairs for the refugees who are disabled and/or injured. If you can help with donations, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- - MIRATOVAC: Still problems with local taxi mafia. Miratovac expected to be bypassed by train next week, exact date not certain. Shoes and rain gear would be much appreciated. If someone wants to arrange for donations to be brought to Serbia, there are regulations to go through customs. Xhelal has the possibility to help with the way of arranging it - Xhelal Hasani Tel. +381 633 74 034, email@example.com
- - PREŠEVO: Around 2 000 ppl came tody. Very cold weather, max temperatures few degrees above zero. No need for volunteers at this moment. Entrance to the camp from the railway side, waiting time for registration max 1.5 hours, people can wait in tents and then in trains. Volunteers are still lacking warm clothes to hand out and money for purchasing food. If you can donate, please contact United Volunteers of Preševo, Tel. +381 62 1499 561
- - DIMITROVGRAD: Only tens of refugees came today. It was rainy today, minus 5 at night. SHOES/SOCKS/BLANKETS needed.
- Hot meals are provided, but local team still asks for socks, gloves, scarves, caps and blankets. Volunteers are also needed from 1st December, please contact Tarek: +381 62 895 45 77
- - BEOGRAD: Clothing, hot tea, soup and toiletry distribution for folks stranded in Belgrade continues at Miksaliste. To help there, please use Volunteer sport http://www.volunteerspot.com/login/entry/4179297180119 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- - ŠID/ADAŠEVCI: Czech volunteer team helps in Adaševci in two shifts (16-24h, 0-8h), we give information, hand out water and some basic clothes too. Situation is calm there. Socks, scarfs, large plastic bags and tapes welcomed, no volunteers needed, Czech team handles this internally. More heated tents built around Adasevci.
- - SLAVONSKI BROD: 2 000 people entered Croatia today (mostly by noon), Slavonski Brod is empty right now. What is needed here: shoes & socks (39-44), especially men's, incontinence pads, wheelchairs, baby carriages, baby carriers, caps, shawlf, gloves + some jackets. Volunteers possible to come - accreditation required - contact Maja Znika on FB or number below before you come (waiting time cca 48hrs)! Contact: +385-99-5021-926.
- - DOBOVA: Only 1000 people came today, almost empty in the evening. Hungarian team SOS Bamako is in need of medical staff there: doctors and nurses, medical students. Women's underwear and shoes also needed. Contact Petra Szabo via FB: https://www.facebook.com/szabopetra
- - ŠENTILJ: 1300 people left Slovenia today, Sentilj camp was empty at 6 pm. Šentilj is run by Civil protection and police, with Red Cross on site.
- - SPIELFELD: Wonderful TWO (volunteer cooking crew) left Spielfeld. From now on, military crew will be preparing warm meals for the refugees, but only from 6PM to 10PM every day. No volunteers needed.
- - SCHWARZLSEE-ÜNTERPREMSTAETTEN: This camp next to Graz is opened for volunteers, no registration needed. You can choose your activity too - ranging from distributing food, playing with kids - just grab your Samariter Bund hi-vis vest:) Noa ccomodation provided there!
- OTHER NEWS
- - Please note, that almost all volunteers spots requires a REGISTRATION OF VOLUNTEERS (usually 48 hours in advance) now and so we strongly suggest to contact local coordinator or contact person in advance to comply with these requirements and to avoid being turned away on the site.
- - SUPPLIES IN SZEGED: Warehouse of MigSzol Szeged is still full of food, non-food and hygiene goods. You can pick up anything when travelling to Serbia/Macedonia and elswehere. Contact coordinators Szalai Balázs +36 20 229 6669 or Szőke - Tóth Ágnes +36 304 27 34 60.
- - Large amounts of supplies could be picked up also in Zagreb, please call Lejla +385 91 456 77 05 if you are able to bring any supplies from Zagreb to any of the borders.
- - and don't forget to act: http://www.europeact.eu
BALKAN ROUTE UPDATE 27/11/2015 Friday 22:50
michalberg Nov 27th, 2015 706 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data