Sep 6th, 2013
- #NoWarWithSyria twitterstorm No to U.S. Bombing of Syria
- Barack Obama is selling the planned US Cruise missile bombing of Syria as a “humanitarian” act in response to an alleged chemical weapons attack. Bombing Syria will kill more civilians, polarize the situation further, and invite even more intervention and weapons into the country, making it more likely that the civil war could expand into an extremely dangerous regional conflagration. Moreover, launching an attack on a country that isn’t threatening yours is the supreme international war crime.
- This planned U.S. airstrike on Syrian is already unpopular, but that doesn’t mean Obama won’t do it. Obama is now amping up his argument, hoping for Congressional approval for his planned attack in an effort to make this war crime seem more legitimate. But the Obama administration says even if Congress doesn’t endorse his plans, he won’t be bound by their vote. People in this country have to get visibly and loudly into the streets in protest; on the airwaves, on the Internet, and everywhere, to denounce this coming attack. No, not in our name! Humanity and the planet come first. No to U.S. planetary domination.
- Objective of twitterstorm: To spread the message that the bombing of Syria is not a “humanitarian” act and is wrong regardless of what Congress says and to amplify this Saturday’s protest and mobilize people to join in.
- DATE & TIME: September 7 10AM EST/7AM PST
- * Copy + Paste these tweets. Steal other tweets with the same hashtag. Do not retweet - the hashtag will not trend.
- * If you are writing your own tweets, make sure to include the hashtage #NoWarWithSyria (feel free to write your own too!)
- • If you are reading this tweetstorm package early and would like to read up on your own (helps if designing own tweets), see http://www.worldcantwait.net/index.php/more-categories/177-syria
- Launching an attack on a country that isn’t threatening yours is the supreme international war crime #nowarwithsyria
- Ppl in this country have 2 get big and loud in protest; on the airwaves, on the Internet, and everywhere, saying #NoWarWithSyria
- War with #syria No, not in our name! Humanity and the planet come first. No to U.S. planetary domination #Nowarwithsyria
- We can say no more to the crimes of this government by standing up and exposing them #nowarwithsyria
- Congress can’t make a war crime moral #NoWarWithSyria
- Get in the streets to demand not another war based on lies #NoWarWithSyria
- When did it become appropriate to hold a vote about whether or not we should commit the “supreme international crime”? #NoWarWIthSyria
- Will the Syrian civilians be any less dead because Congress gave the green light for those bombs to be used? #NoWarWithSyria
- Since Obama has said he will disregard a "no" vote from Congress, why is he asking for Congress’ “permission”?#NoWarWithSyria
- Do u feel better if Congress goes through the motions of debating whether they & we should go along with war crimes? #NoWarWithSyria
- If u voted 4 Obama bc he promised 2 restore the rule of law & bc he said he was antiwar, how does O-bomb-a sound 2 u now? #NoWarWithSyria
- Who has really targeted innocent civilians over and over again? The U.S! #NoWarWithSyria
- 1980's US used strategy of providing arms to #Iran & #Iraq fight 2 stalemate exhausting each other. Do they have same plan 4 #Syria?
- since when are war crimes open to debate, let alone a vote? #nowarwithsyria http://tinyurl.com/kf2v389
- If Syria used chemical weapons, a U.S. attack on Syria would be compounding one crime with another crime. #NoWarWithSyria
- Only worse suffering and horror can result from a U.S. attack on Syria #NoWarWithSyria
- Imperialist logic: US bombs 4 nations in mid east -> mid east is destabilized-> "US must do something... like bomb Syria" #NoWarWithSyria
- "What msg will we send if a dictator can gas hundreds of children to death in plain sight & pay no price? Napalm in Vietnam #NoWarWithSyria
- If chemical weapons are a red line what about U.S. using White phosphorous in Fallujah?#NoWarWithSyria
- International rule no. 1 - No Wars of Choice or Aggression #NoWarWithSyria
- 60% of people in the US oppose bombing syria. almost 200 million people. how many can we get to join us in protesting? #NoWarWithSyria
- "we must do something to stop war crimes" cannot mean "we must commit war crimes" #NoWarWithSyria
- #whocaresaboutkillingchildren 500k dead Iraqi children from sanctions in the 90s US officials said that is fair price 2 pay #NoWarWithSyria
- #whocaresaboutkillingchildren targeting infrastructure in Iraq and Afghanistan, US has children's blood on its hands #NoWarWithSyria
- #whocaresaboutkillingchildren http://tinyurl.com/mzjecle #NoWarWithSyria
- #whocaresaboutkillingchildren http://tinyurl.com/mjj4w6z #NoWarWithSyria
- International rules r what the U.S. says they are and don't apply to U.S. #NoWarWithSyria http://tinyurl.com/mc5567v
Please, Sign In to add comment